Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    Find a college that has good academy in the town. It is possible to train,study,have a life and get a job. If you do all these things it will get you ready to focus on a great career when your ready.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    totally depends on your major and what college you go to, i was a criminology major at univ of maryland graduated 2005 and i had more free time then ive ever had in my life, all i did was party and chill and fuck around, lots of training, lots of lifting, its probably the most free time you'll ever have because after college comes grad school or a job and THAT is time consuming... enjoy undergrad while youre there and take advantage of all the time to train!

Array

School
    N/A
    Really appreciate the advice guys!

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    The main IU campus is located in Bloomington, Indiana

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Tran View Post
    I'm a senior in high school and about to go to college (4 year university). I do train at a bjj gym and drill extra in my spare time. In regards to jiu jitsu I want to be the competitive student and not just the hobbyist.
    I want to have a good job when I grow up but I always hear that getting a masters and college life is hard and time consuming. What I am scared of is that college will take away my training time and maybe permanently through my college life.

Is college really hard? Is it really tough to get a decent job after college nowadays? So I just want to hear you older guys advice on life in college and the right path I should take in life.
    Jiu-jitsu is a big part of my life, and I am also in college trying to get my degree to be an RN. currently im working an my ASN but after I get that im gonna work and go to school to get my BSN and maybe my masters, alot of your first year will be core pre reqs, basic math,english, science and what not. Its when you start getting into your career studies it gets a little challenging, but if your passionate about the career you want it wont be that hard. we all have lives and have to do what we can to survive and provide for our families. most people with moral will understand your school and family hold priority but you wont be labled as a hobbyist.

when you start a family things will be clear for sure. jiu jitsu is going to be a big part of your life but at the end of the day your priorities are still the same.

I go to school, do jiu jitsu, and spend time with my family and girlfriend.
    when your in college, there will be various time slots for your classes so you can make your scheduel work aorund things you have/want to do. My courses are set to where im done for the day from anywhere between 12-3. so I can help teach kids jiu jitsu with my instructor and also do my class later in the evening.

dont worry to much. have fun but stay focused while in school, cause once you start working you wont stop working for a very long time. Then again, if you can have a career doing what you love, and make money doing it, then technicaly you will never have to work a day in your life.
    Good Luck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Jiu-jitsu is a big part of my life, and I am also in college trying to get my degree to be an RN. currently im working an my ASN but after I get that im gonna work and go to school to get my BSN and maybe my masters, alot of your first year will be core pre reqs, basic math,english, science and what not. Its when you start getting into your career studies it gets a little challenging, but if your passionate about the career you want it wont be that hard. we all have lives and have to do what we can to survive and provide for our families. most people with moral will understand your school and family hold priority but you wont be labled as a hobbyist.

when you start a family things will be clear for sure. jiu jitsu is going to be a big part of your life but at the end of the day your priorities are still the same.

I go to school, do jiu jitsu, and spend time with my family and girlfriend.
    when your in college, there will be various time slots for your classes so you can make your scheduel work aorund things you have/want to do. My courses are set to where im done for the day from anywhere between 12-3. so I can help teach kids jiu jitsu with my instructor and also do my class later in the evening.

dont worry to much. have fun but stay focused while in school, cause once you start working you wont stop working for a very long time. Then again, if you can have a career doing what you love, and make money doing it, then technicaly you will never have to work a day in your life.
    Good Luck.
    I too went to nursing school. I trained for a bit but when school picked up I had to quit for a while. I simply could not make the drive to the gym, go to school and work at (at least not consistently). I had to give something up for a while. Now, with my terrible work schedule, I'm lucky to get to the gym once a week

Just gotta find a job now to where I don't work nights and to where I can get off early enough every day to make it back to the gym.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12