Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I would call him sensei, since he is a high ranking black belt in aikido and he did teach the sport for years. IF Steven Segal is teaching Anderson Silva aikido then there is nothing wrong with Segal being the sensei. Same thing, if Anderson Silva was in school for engineering and was in a multivarable calculus class he would call his instructor, professor. Just because Anderson is a great mma fighter does not mean now he does not have to respect other teachers just because their skill set may be inferior in an mma fight.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    I would call him sensei, since he is a high ranking black belt in aikido and he did teach the sport for years. IF Steven Segal is teaching Anderson Silva aikido then there is nothing wrong with Segal being the sensei. Same thing, if Anderson Silva was in school for engineering and was in a multivarable calculus class he would call his instructor, professor. Just because Anderson is a great mma fighter does not mean now he does not have to respect other teachers just because their skill set may be inferior in an mma fight.
    that point was made once before. There is a Japanese saying that you are a sensei when people start calling you sensei...I believe.

But to believe this, we have to believe that steven is actually training him. I'm just wondering did he "offer" to train or if they actually requested him. It just seems from Anderson's body language that he is not taking it seriously, and it's common for us to call our instructors coach, which is what he referred to him as.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Van dam, Steven Seagal, Bruce lee and chuck norris are all accomplished martial artist and would fuck most people up that think there martial art is inferior because they watch mma and think they know what there talking about.

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    in the ring anderson silva would probably beat steven seagal but on the street steven seagal wins hands down

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    Call me Sensei I demand respect.

Array

School
    Ronin
    If Van Damme wins he is suppose to fight the current champ of that weight class. Even if he gets through his first opponent he will surely die at the hands of the champ. Good bye Van Damme

Array

School
    Elements MMA
    I want Tong Po..Give me Tong Po!

I hope for Van Damme's sake this fight doesn't happen, he will always be a hero to me for the film's he made, not because I seriously thought he was a great Martial Artist off screen. He will get smashed if the fight does happen though, drink & drugs wont have helped, he was never superb at competitive martial arts and he is too old to take on that opponent.
    "Never surrender, never say die, you have the heart of a hero..." Go get him Kurt!

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by RooneyDM View Post
    I want Tong Po..Give me Tong Po!
    Fuck yes.........FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123