Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Pay attention to the mini stomp game, and pay attention to "bump, slide, whip, take out the far post". Like all games, work them out on the newbies, master them on new white belts. If you can't run a lockdown clinic on newbies then don't expect it to work on guys at your level. The lockdown game is huge and takes an obsession to master.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Pay attention to the mini stomp game, and pay attention to "bump, slide, whip, take out the far post". Like all games, work them out on the newbies, master them on new white belts. If you can't run a lockdown clinic on newbies then don't expect it to work on guys at your level. The lockdown game is huge and takes an obsession to master.
    /Thread
    IG - @TLAR13

Array

School
    One Combat Academy
    I personally get the old school a lot. Simple but effective.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Less important is the stretch and extension of the lockdown, which is where people make the mistake. More important is the knee pinch and hook foot giving you the mobility to move back and forth. Lie on the floor legs extended all the way without anyone and whip your legs back and forth... It's fucking really hard. Now give your kneeS some bend and focus on pinching your thighs together and make the same motion. You're fighting your own body most of that match. With a little modification it'll really allow you to be more mobile on the bottom.

Array

School
    New Port Richey JJ/10P Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Less important is the stretch and extension of the lockdown, which is where people make the mistake. More important is the knee pinch and hook foot giving you the mobility to move back and forth.
    Great points.. I know I have been making this mistake lately!

Array

School
    Leverage Kuala Lumpur
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. I really appreciate it. Will experiment with the suggestions given and let you guys know if I make any progress.

Thank you Eddie for reading & replying my post! :-) I am a fan of yours and hope to see a 10th Planet school here one day.

Array

School
    Ronin x Jiujitero
    Hey Brother, the first thing to do is to follow each of the advice, and find which game initially works for you. Work your whip down, having the elecrtric underhooks (that already you had), and transition to dogfight, or oldschool. if you are commited with the EC, and the guy base that left leg, what works for me is to bring the guy to me, forcing him to put at least one arm over my head (depending if you were able to get the left underhook or overhook), but pretty much that gives me space to regain my electric underhooks, on mts 104 some stuff on ministomps will help you a little. The lockdown already saved me from many, since i didnt train for a while.

Array

School
    Finnfighters' Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Less important is the stretch and extension of the lockdown, which is where people make the mistake. More important is the knee pinch and hook foot giving you the mobility to move back and forth. Lie on the floor legs extended all the way without anyone and whip your legs back and forth... It's fucking really hard. Now give your kneeS some bend and focus on pinching your thighs together and make the same motion. You're fighting your own body most of that match. With a little modification it'll really allow you to be more mobile on the bottom.
    This is big. I didn't notice this in the beginning, but after one private class with a 10th planet brown belt my lockdown game skyrocketed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham / Banbury uk
    the slide aspect of the flow change my LD game once I worked out where to put it - Make a conscious effort to get under him the hips

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    In addition to the many solid suggestions that you have already been given, let's not forget the Super Stomp. That's the technique to use when your half-guard game fails. Sometimes your game gets stuffed and you should move elsewhere.

I watched the original video, and you could have taken the Dogfight easily a couple of times. To me, and this has been said in this post previously but it can't be said enough, you have to be able to go back and forth between the Electric Chair and the Dogfight fluidly to have an Electric Chair game that will work consistently.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast