Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Strikeforce Canterbury

Best Jiu Jitsu Instructional DVDs?

Hey everyone.

So from your personal experience :What are some the best or must have Jiu Jitsu DVDs?
    I personally only train NO GI

I already own ''Master the Rubber Guard'' & ''Mastering the Twister'' and they were defiantly worth every cent as my school does not teach many 10th planet techniques.

Any Good DVDS focusing on chokes would be great as well

I recently just brought Dean Lister's K.A.T.C.H Leg Attacks DVD & King of Kimura with Chris Brennan and I'm waiting for them to arrive and can't wait to add some new tricks to my game.

Also what are peoples thoughts on Brandon Quick's DVD 'Fade to Black'?
    I read about some of the controversy about him lying about belt rank which is gross, but is the DVD worth getting?
    Personally I would rather not have my money go to a liar but what are you thoughts?

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Mastering the rubber guard will always be the best, it came at the perfect time in my MMA journey and broke the mould for instructional Jiu Jitsu DVDs. From the electrifying intro to the insane level and quantity of beautiful techniques to joey karate, shinya aoki and Joe Rogan, anyone who doesn't have this DVD you need to put it at the top of the list now.

Don't get me wrong, the twister DVD is great too but in comparison to the rubber guard set it is dare I say a normal DVD.
    Last edited by Chris Garry; 08-03-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Array

School
    Cody MMA
    Ryan Hall's Triangles and Arm Triangles sets are very good and focus on chokes; both Gi and No Gi are covered.

Warning - Ryan does subtly hate on 10th Planet throughout both DVD sets
    Last edited by Martin Harris; 08-03-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezrah Gould View Post
    Hey everyone.

So from your personal experience :What are some the best or must have Jiu Jitsu DVDs?
    I personally only train NO GI

I already own ''Master the Rubber Guard'' & ''Mastering the Twister'' and they were defiantly worth every cent as my school does not teach many 10th planet techniques.

Any Good DVDS focusing on chokes would be great as well

I recently just brought Dean Lister's K.A.T.C.H Leg Attacks DVD & King of Kimura with Chris Brennan and I'm waiting for them to arrive and can't wait to add some new tricks to my game.

Also what are peoples thoughts on Brandon Quick's DVD 'Fade to Black'?
    I read about some of the controversy about him lying about belt rank which is gross, but is the DVD worth getting?
    Personally I would rather not have my money go to a liar but what are you thoughts?
    That KATCH DVD is one of my favorites at this moment. Lister is the man.
    As far as the Fade to Black DVD goes the techniques that are in it are pretty solid. The instruction is ok but the DVD flows nicely. The extras are garbage though. I actually still use a few of the gator techniques. Whether you would like to put money in his pocket is all on you. Zhou will learn something though especially in the darce section since that's the most extensive.
    I really enjoy all the Ryan Hall DVDs. They're mostly in the gi but you can apply most the principles to no gi. Marcelo's New Game DVD is amazing. A definite must have from a Jiu Jitsu God
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Harris View Post
    Ryan Hall's Triangles and Arm Triangles sets are very good and focus on chokes; both Gi and No Gi are covered.

Warning - Ryan does subtly hate on 10th Planet throughout both DVD sets
    A friend gave me ryan triangle dvd and his hate is not subtle, its so obvious throughout so I just couldnt continue to listen to what he has to say any longer.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    A friend gave me ryan triangle dvd and his hate is not subtle, its so obvious throughout so I just couldnt continue to listen to what he has to say any longer.
    You're missing out on some solid concepts
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Have you been on MTS? Plenty of great stuff to keep you busy for a long time and not to mention new things are always being added. I too was searching for the latest and greatest DVD, but after being on MTS, there's no need for that. Master eddie already done the work for us by putting all the best techniques ever invented in a nice easy to understand system.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    You're missing out on some solid concepts
    I know bro, i know. But I just cant stand it anymore. I have his back take dvd also, havent even touch it yet because of that. I figure whatever Im missing out of, I will one day learn it on MTS from someone that I actually enjoy learning from.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    There's plenty out there to learn for sure even if you don't learn from Ryan Hall
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    The triangle DVD is one of my favorites. Ryan hall says some dumb things, but his teaching is amazing. He gives you ideas and principles vs most people just giving you setups and tricks. Ideas and principles always take you jiu jitsu much further than tricks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast