Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Honestly... Ralek's name doesn't come up that often on this forum from what I've seen. I listened to the podcast and had an honest question about whether parts of his side of the story could be legitimate.
    Typically only when he says stupid/untrue shit about eddie and/or EBI
    IG - @TLAR13

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Honestly... Ralek's name doesn't come up that often on this forum from what I've seen. I listened to the podcast and had an honest question about whether parts of his side of the story could be legitimate.
    yeah you won't see too much positive stuff about him written here. The reality is that I'm sure there are things he says that are true. His biggest problem is that he's muddied the water so much with stuff that's been shown to be false, and he's lost so much trust by doing things like multiple charging people's credit cards, booking matches without signed athletes, saying one thing and having it contradicted by either himself or other trusted sources later---that it's really hard to tell where the truth ends and the bullshit begins.

I'll say this. I think Ralek thinks that most of what he says is true. I don't know if it's delusion or if he's just bullshitted himself into believing his own line. But I think he mostly believes he's being honest.

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA
    Here is my problem with what he said (and I’ve heard it before from “traditional” guys). He argues that “any” rules are bad, and that the matches that end in a draw don’t pose any problem for consumers. I feel like there is a bit of denial going on here. He’s a little butt-hurt that EBI has been so successful. The “traditional” approach is that it’s not “real jiu jitsu” if it’s not self-defense based, and any rules take away from this. However…there are obviously a lot of rules in any jiu jitsu event, otherwise it’s just a street fight (no biting, no hair pulling, no eye gouging, no punching, etc.). So the whole “any rules make it worse” argument is weak.

He also talked a lot of shit about the growth of EBI, basically saying that Eddie used his performance at Metamoris as a springboard to promote EBI. He expounds by saying that had Eddie not performed so well, that EBI wouldn’t be as successful as it is today. I have 2 problems with this logic. One is that he taking full credit (or giving Metamoris credit) for the success of EBI (just like “they” always gave the first win over Royler all the credit for the success of 10th planet, and never giving credit to the system itself)…like he’s trying to give Metamoris vicarious life via EBI. My second problem is this: Let’s say for the sake of argument that his statement is true (which we know it’s not, because Eddie was promoting EBI way before his second match with Royler)…but just for arguments sake let’s say it’s true. How, as a fellow businessman, are you going to hate on another businessman for using everything in his power to market his product? How can you hate on someone for having a better, more cost efficient, more effective marketing strategy?

This guy blown my mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12