Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym

Open weight Super Fight vs. Paul 'Redser' Redmond (ADCC rules)

On wednesday I got a text asking if we had any bodies to take on 3 super fights, 1 of those names being Redser (purple belt, fought twice in the UFC and now signed with BAMMA). I asked my main training partner David if he'd be ready for it since he's JUST back from a toehold related injury from his last comp, Redser is known for his toe holds so he said it was probably best he sat this one out. The 2 other names were a 116kg purple belt and a 65kg purple (masters division) so after David said no to the Redser match, I'd be a fool to not put my name down for that. Roughly 15 - 20kg weight difference and he's well known in the country so it was a win/win for me. Went out there, expected solid wrestling (he's worked with tristar before) but his pressure was crazy good. He completely shut down my upper body and even when I attacked that triangle, I felt helpless. Most importantly, I learned. I'm grateful to have this opportunity and it's just more motivation. Thank you to Gustavo from 10th Planet Amsterdam for all his support, thank you to the whole 10 army that I gave a mention to in my interview for MMAconnectTV afterwards and thank you to all the guys at Phalanx for making sure I look good even in defeat.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Full Power Gym
    Plus a better angle for the finish. Started to defend the N/S but didn't do it very well and left my right arm for the taking.

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Interesting! Never seen this submission before. You did well, I would've tapped long time ago

Array

School
    Academia BJJ
    Good fight, my coach showed me that before. He calls in the Pencak Silat armlock. That was nasty, I would have been screaming like a baby.