Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How in God's name do you afford both gyms and afford the TIME?

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by elrith View Post
    How in God's name do you afford both gyms and afford the TIME?
    I'm starting to ask myself the same questions. I work 3 jobs right now and I don't have much time for anything else, but I'm making it work. I love both gyms but I'm probably going to stop training in the gi for a while so I can focus on 10p and try to repair the dent in my bank account.

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona
    Congrats

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Solicit View Post
    I'm starting to ask myself the same questions. I work 3 jobs right now and I don't have much time for anything else, but I'm making it work. I love both gyms but I'm probably going to stop training in the gi for a while so I can focus on 10p and try to repair the dent in my bank account.
    You might be able to explain your situation to both office managers and see what they can do for you.

It's worth a shot. I'm given to understand that places such as this can be very accommodating.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    You might be able to explain your situation to both office managers and see what they can do for you.

It's worth a shot. I'm given to understand that places such as this can be very accommodating.
    Yeah, I feel you but I don't know if Andre would give me any discounts. Who am I to ask for special treatment, you know? Plus, I rep 10th Planet and I don't think it's very cool to ask for discounts when I compete with a different team. I just wanted to learn from the best and develop a solid foundation. I wanted to know what the other side was about too and know that I earned my Blue belt in the gi from a legit instructor. I want to have an open mind and learn all that I can. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually earn all my belts in the gi. I would love to earn my Black belt under Andre, but there is just so much to learn and my no gi gets less reps every day that I train gi. I love all forms of jiu jitsu for sure, but I have to choose what I want to put the reps in on and dedicate my time to. I don't think I want to be a spider guard master more than I'd rather have my clinch game as strong as it can possibly be. More reps gripping sleeves and collars equals less reps clinching and squeezing. Eddie is right and I'd rather have a better clinch game.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Damn that's amazing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Damn that's amazing.
    Thanks, man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12