School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    I would just smile and be as respectful as possible cause thats how 10 do
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers
    I befriend them and earn their trust. Then after I have infiltratd his life and am best man at his wedding and godfather to his children. I twister everything he has ever loved.

After Jon has tazed it.
    There's really nothing else to be said.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Exactly. Just find a school thats a bit less narrow minded. You dont need that school. Plus youre gonna find a ton of people talking shit on the system. You just have to let if slide off your back and dont put much thought into it
    Totally agree. Also, think the need to dump on anyone who does anything different (gi or no gi, variations on subs or positions) is probably the most annoying aspect of the jiu-jitsu community. Esp considering that one of foundations of jiu-jitsu and judo is live sparring, so if something doesn't work, it'll get weeded out... no need to hate. That stuff drives me nuts. Find a path that works for you, dude, and enjoy the experience.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I wonder how it would look if MMA and jiu jitsu were to have a rivalry... just sayin'
    It would go something like this; "So you have no emphasis on striking, a strength program is optional, some of you can't throw for shit, and a great degree of you have never taken a punch in your lives?"
    Coming from almost ten years of MMA related training, and coming into jiujitsu, this whole, "gi no gi, hubbah guarch vs gripping sleeves guarch.. Well.. It seems reeeaally retarded! *Hahahah!*
    It's every bit as stupid as the olde Taekwon-do vs Karate thing.

It reminds me of the "kicking in MMA" speech that Eddie just had. Back in the day I got yelled at in training for kicking high. But I knew it worked, and my sparring partners didn't shoot when I kicked, they were too busy defending. And did kicking work in MMA? Yes it did. If everyone should follow the mainstream there would be no new techniques, it's stupid. I think rubber guard is a bit like kicking. It takes a lot of flexibility, and you have to get how it works. Not everyone will get it. Thatch my whitebelt opinion on this matter.

Array

School
    3rd Wave Jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim Hoff View Post
    I wonder how it would look if MMA and jiu jitsu were to have a rivalry... just sayin'
    It would go something like this; "So you have no emphasis on striking, a strength program is optional, some of you can't throw for shit, and a great degree of you have never taken a punch in your lives?"
    Coming from almost ten years of MMA related training, and coming into jiujitsu, this whole, "gi no gi, hubbah guarch vs gripping sleeves guarch.. Well.. It seems reeeaally retarded! *Hahahah!*
    It's every bit as stupid as the olde Taekwon-do vs Karate thing.

It reminds me of the "kicking in MMA" speech that Eddie just had. Back in the day I got yelled at in training for kicking high. But I knew it worked, and my sparring partners didn't shoot when I kicked, they were too busy defending. And did kicking work in MMA? Yes it did. If everyone should follow the mainstream there would be no new techniques, it's stupid. I think rubber guard is a bit like kicking. It takes a lot of flexibility, and you have to get how it works. Not everyone will get it. Thatch my whitebelt opinion on this matter.
    +1

I tink, you neef to respecht da gi. If you no respecht da gi, you hatch no respecht for yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123