Array

School
    Sergio Penha

NEW Rigan Machado Interview on OpenMatRadio.com

On this weeks episode of Open Mat Radio, we have "Rigan Knows Best" with Rigan Machado! Click HERE to listen.

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Rigan also talks about the Jean Jacques v Nelson match coming up at the Metamoris event. Be sure to check it out and let us know what you think!

I had the chance to speak to rigan this year at the nationals this year in melbs super nice guy he has always made me feel very comfortable whenever i get the chance to speak with him had me cracking up when he said he almost threw renzo out of a hotel window in nyc for hitting him with a stick and watching him watch matches on a laptop and be quite literally 3 moves ahead and call a match on what's going to happen is MIND BLOWING i'll be listening to this for sure

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton lawrence View Post
    I had the chance to speak to rigan this year at the nationals this year in melbs super nice guy he has always made me feel very comfortable whenever i get the chance to speak with him had me cracking up when he said he almost threw renzo out of a hotel window in nyc for hitting him with a stick and watching him watch matches on a laptop and be quite literally 3 moves ahead and call a match on what's going to happen is MIND BLOWING i'll be listening to this for sure
    That's awesome to hear you got to hang with Rigan. A lot of people sleep on his generation of fighters. Just because they may not be throwing up berimbolos all day doesn't mean they don't know the game. It's amazing to see how red&black belts process watching jiu jitsu. I know my coach, Sergio Penha, watched a few matches where the berimbolo was used. The next day he had a few different setups and moves off of it. It's like it just clicked. It's no surprise at all Rigan was calling moves three steps before they happen. These old school guys just see it all unfold!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Great episode. You guys do a nice job of keeping it professional sounding, and so did Rigan. Thanks!

(BTW when I explain JJ to people who don't know the UFC or the Gracies, I tell them it's similair to collegiate wrestling, with even more technical moves that end in joint destruction or choke outs. Since you asked)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Trident MMA
    Great episode. I train under an affiliate gym of Rigan Machado. I've done a few of his seminars and they are top notch. I would highly recommend attending a seminar of his.

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Great episode. You guys do a nice job of keeping it professional sounding, and so did Rigan. Thanks!

(BTW when I explain JJ to people who don't know the UFC or the Gracies, I tell them it's similair to collegiate wrestling, with even more technical moves that end in joint destruction or choke outs. Since you asked)
    Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

Good explanation as well. Do you think it's easier to explain NoGi than Gi? It seems like as soon as some people see a Gi they think it's "karate".