Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA

Ultimate Gratitude Thread

Alright, it might sound kind of lame, but hear me out.

If you're like me, particularly if you're a ronin, you're having fun working your lockdown game (or your rubber guard game, or whatever) and then you hit an issue: someone shuts you down. Back to the drawing board.

And then you find out "yeah, there's this thing you can do when they're doing that." You try it. Boom! You're over the hump and on to new challenges.

That kind of thing makes me really grateful to have MTS and Eddie's instruction on the cheap, this forum with people that can help even with technical questions...all that stuff.

I have repeatedly wished I had a place to say thanks.

Does an ultimate gratitude thread make sense then? I dunno, we'll see.

Professor Bravo, thanks for your super detailed lockdown instruction. I keep having these questions, I look at the Technique spreadsheet and the answer keeps being in MTS 47. Your Q&A Ask Me Anything thread was (and is) awesome.

And to everyone else here, thanks for being cool, answering questions, representing 10th Planet well.

I'll shut up now and go back to being a disaffected Seattle dude who wouldn't be impressed if Godzilla marched up on him and stole his Grande Half-caf extra-shot extra-whip iced caramel macchiato.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    DOpe post Josh. Happy rolling

Array

School
    On the road
    I feel you man. 10th Planet is my game even though I only trained at a school once. If it wasnt for the internet, I cant even imagine where Id be. Theres too much info! Marcelo talks about being a kid, having to wait each month for a jitz mag to come out with a few moves. Its kinda crazy how the internet is pouring gas on a fire for evolution. Its a beautiful time.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Was this 'super detailed lockdown instruction' online or in person? Of online: hook me up with a link, man

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ / Salt Lake Grappling Club
    There's so much positivity on this forum, I sometimes feel that I've accidentally wandered off of the internet. Where is all of the misogyny, bigotry, xenophobia, juvenility, luddism, and general multi-directional negativity that I see everywhere else? Thanks for contributing to our bizarre friendly counterculture experiment, Joshua.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Apperz View Post
    Was this 'super detailed lockdown instruction' online or in person? Of online: hook me up with a link, man
    lol! I thought that the Mastering the System episodes regarding lockdown, electric chair, whip up, down, back, black mamba, quarter guard, mini-stomp etc. etc. etc. etc. was very detailed. I don't always understand all the details but when I'm ready for them, they're there.

I mean, the instruction you see on MTS is the same level of detail that students get in class. You can tell because it's a recording of a segment of a class. So it is exactly as detailed as a class is because it is a class that happened to get recorded. Just like class, I won't understand the move until I drill it or hit it during rolling and since we don't exactly drill the electric chair...

(...funny thing though. A lady tapped me out with one last night.)

Anyway, the only segment I thought maybe lacked details (said the white belt) was the section on the 5-0 sweep. Sean Bollinger's breakdown on youtube was very detailed and gets to some of the nitty gritties. I haven't tried that one yet.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Allam View Post
    There's so much positivity on this forum, I sometimes feel that I've accidentally wandered off of the internet. Where is all of the misogyny, bigotry, xenophobia, juvenility, luddism, and general multi-directional negativity that I see everywhere else? Thanks for contributing to our bizarre friendly counterculture experiment, Joshua.
    No, thank YOU!

No, but seriously Amir, you write about BJJ really well, I can see it in my head when you type.

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    No, thank YOU!

No, but seriously Amir, you write about BJJ really well, I can see it in my head when you type.
    lol, that's some real talent there Josh.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    Alright, it might sound kind of lame, but hear me out.

If you're like me, particularly if you're a ronin, you're having fun working your lockdown game (or your rubber guard game, or whatever) and then you hit an issue: someone shuts you down. Back to the drawing board.

And then you find out "yeah, there's this thing you can do when they're doing that." You try it. Boom! You're over the hump and on to new challenges.

That kind of thing makes me really grateful to have MTS and Eddie's instruction on the cheap, this forum with people that can help even with technical questions...all that stuff.

I have repeatedly wished I had a place to say thanks.

Does an ultimate gratitude thread make sense then? I dunno, we'll see.

Professor Bravo, thanks for your super detailed lockdown instruction. I keep having these questions, I look at the Technique spreadsheet and the answer keeps being in MTS 47. Your Q&A Ask Me Anything thread was (and is) awesome.

And to everyone else here, thanks for being cool, answering questions, representing 10th Planet well.

I'll shut up now and go back to being a disaffected Seattle dude who wouldn't be impressed if Godzilla marched up on him and stole his Grande Half-caf extra-shot extra-whip iced caramel macchiato.
    It's good to see someone from my neck of the woods. I'm over in everett. been planning on checking out the elite school in everett. i used to attend the school in lake stevens, it's a great place, but couldn't continue due to work scheduling and only having one car, i could easily walk to the elite school as it's only a mile and a half away.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by championstuff View Post
    It's good to see someone from my neck of the woods. I'm over in everett. been planning on checking out the elite school in everett. i used to attend the school in lake stevens, it's a great place, but couldn't continue due to work scheduling and only having one car, i could easily walk to the elite school as it's only a mile and a half away.
    Doooo iiiiiit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast