Best stretching routine for recovering flexibility?

I'm looking for some exercises I can follow daily to attempt to recover the flexibility I've lost over the years.

If anybody can suggest some stuff with focus on hip mobility and lower body (hamstrings, etc) that would be great. Looking for something simple that I can build on consistently.

Thanks!

Array

School
    breathmindphysineurology-awareness
    While this may not really look all that stretch-ey, it can be made to be moreso than it appears. I got into chi gung and stuff like this because of all the events of my teenage and early 20s that would have made the jackass guys wince and laugh, it includes fracturing my L5 spinous process and its eventual removal along with 60% of my L5S1, back in the day...

(you'll want to mute it though, unless you can understand a russian accented chinese, lol...selected for pure hotness, though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkqnw4Zb538

Array

School
    Adrenaline MMA, Cheltenham VIC Australia
    Check out some Yoga videos on youtube to start, if you like those you can find good ones for sale on Amazon. I have looked into flexibility and something that came up recently in a article on ptonthenet.com is that consistency over time is more important than the amount of stretching you do each day, what I mean by that is 30 minutes of stretching every day will yield better results than 1 hour of stretching every other day.

Another thing to consider is the type of stretching that you are doing as each type has a different purpose. This can get complicated so what I do is vary my yoga sessions with different styles of yoga.

So one day ill do a Vinyasa Yoga (Good for dynamic flexibility) and another day ill do Yin Yoga (Good for static flexibility) and then there are variations in between like Power Yoga or a Balance Yoga.

Here are some ones I like at the moment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iskyDKzaq2k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiSfp--9jM0

I think yoga fits that description very well.

Thank you, great video tutorials. I also like Faith Hunter very much. She is the best in yoga practices.

I also like to practice yoga, but for some reason I can 't bring myself to practice it with video lessons. Because in order to practice yoga, I need a trainer. Has anyone had it like me? How do I make myself more organized?

Array

School
    10th Planet Los Angeles
    Well, I also don't always like video yoga classes, so I can understand you. I'm too lazy for that. And if I'm at home, I choose the sofa and TV instead of yoga. So in order for me to practice yoga diligently, I need to buy a subscription and go to a coach. Only in this case, yoga improves my health and body, because it requires constancy. And when my coach found out that I was going on vacation to Bali soon, he suggested that I take yoga teacher training course, because his friend works there and it's a very good yoga school, as he said. So, you don't have to be a yoga coach to take this course, because it's suitable for all yoga lovers. And I hope my coach can get me a discount for this training course.

Quote Originally Posted by Muller21Q View Post
    Well, I also don't always like video yoga classes, so I can understand you. I'm too lazy for that. And if I'm at home, I choose the sofa and TV instead of yoga. So in order for me to practice yoga diligently, I need to buy a subscription and go to a coach. Only in this case, yoga improves my health and body, because it requires constancy. And when my coach found out that I was going on vacation to Bali soon, he suggested that I take yoga teacher training course, because his friend works there and it's a very good yoga school, as he said. So, you don't have to be a yoga coach to take this course, because it's suitable for all yoga lovers. And I hope my coach can get me a discount for this training course.
    My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks

Array

School
    Black Cockatoo Armidale