Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin

Twister side control in Judo old school footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilAz...outu.be&t=6m1s

Judo guy from TQ Thailand found this today after I showed him some Twister side control. Skip about 6 mins in.
    He say's it blew his mind you can do submissions from there, cause he had only seen it as a pin.
    Last edited by AlexBranom; 01-08-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    The link is "Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan on CNN", which sadly lacks submission holds of any kind...

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Twister Side Control is not Ushiro Kesa Katame, they are similar but not the same. There are important nuances that seperate them. Ushiro Kesa Katame is still used in Judo all the time, it is most commonly used as a hold down/pin however their are submissions from their as well. A pin can win you a match hence the emphasis on the hold down.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 01-08-2013 at 07:07 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    They use ushiro kesa katame in aki-ama-ryu jujutsu as well. Totally different philosophy at play there than in 10p.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    wow my bad haha just watched the Alex jones thing. Here it is.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilAz...outu.be&t=6m1s

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    It may not be exactly the same but it looks pretty damn similar. Obviously minus the twister and/or any submissions.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    They may look alike but have seperate principles of control. The weight in TSC floats with pressure towards the head, with your butt on their chest. Its a live position like knee on belly, not weight distrabution like side control. Ushiro Kesa is more of a wrapping pressure generally with an arm trapped, with pressure and weight forward toward their hips. In Ushiro Kesa you want your butt on the floor.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    They may look alike but have seperate principles of control. The weight in TSC floats with pressure towards the head, with your butt on their chest. Its a live position like knee on belly, not weight distrabution like side control. Ushiro Kesa is more of a wrapping pressure generally with an arm trapped, with pressure and weight forward toward their hips. In Ushiro Kesa you want your butt on the floor.
    That is a bread and butter pin in Judo provides excellent control. It was one of the first pins my sensei taught me in high school. I can see where it looked like TSC though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    That is a bread and butter pin in Judo provides excellent control. It was one of the first pins my sensei taught me in high school. I can see where it looked like TSC though.