Array

School
    Hoy's Martial Arts Pedro Sauer Ohio

Reverse Scorpion Rib Crush?

I was rolling with a wrestler friend of mine and we ended up in a strange reverse guard sort of position after a failed omoplata attempt by me. I thought for a second and realized that I could probably just apply the scorpion rib crush even if it would be lower than normal. I threw it at him and it worked by putting pressure on the fleshy area in between the hips and ribs and put him in a ton of pain.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I am still rather new to JJ so I have little experience but I have never really seen anyone end up in this position, much less submit someone from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0EpdLNXZk

If you want to skip to the sub it is around 4:40, but the opening 30 seconds of the match are filled with action and more than a handful of different leg submissions. It was a great match.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    nice, i like wat you guys have goin on there

Array

School
    Thank you kindly, friend. We roll tournaments at least every month sometimes every week in Cleveland, Ohio. There are no respectable places to train no gi around here so we are left to our own devices. If anyone is ever in town and wants to roll with us, let me know! We would be glad to have some 10th Planet family come and show us how it is really done.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Cleveland is around 4 hours from Rochester, when the weather is nicer you guy should make a road trip!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    I would absolutely love to. Thank you for the inspiration. I was thinking of doing the same to Detroit as well.

Does anyone have any insight into this position in the thread? I can't find it anywhere.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    My buddy hits something similar from traditional closed guard and it looks kinda like a teepee applied to the body, I have seen dude tap from it. I have also seen dude not tap from it. Looks like you guys are having a blast. Keep training and go visit Zog when you can, that dude is a beast.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Honestly, you guys should be repping positions and practising defense and base, as well as passing and guard techniques.
    If you keep rolling like this, with so little technique and so much vigor, you're gonna get hurt.
    Take some time to rep positional work and do some drills. At your guys level, you shouldn't be counting score, it will only detract you from your main goal.
    This reminds me of how I rolled with friends before I trained at a school, and it can lead to injury so quick.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    looks like an inverted tepee to me. the scorpion crush I'm familiar with is a triangle that's extended as a hook under the defenders base while basing your weight on your arms behind you, allowing you to pull their upper body downward. it's a pretty severe amount of pressure on the back. I saw it on 101 submissions.

I agree with drilling technique, but everyone starts somewhere. It's a cool set up you guys got going.