Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    N/A

Something FISHY about MASTERING THE SYSTEM 8 (EVERYONE PLZ READ)

Ok so I was just going to watch MTS 8 to review how Denny does his guillotine and see Matt Horwich again but...

Notice throughout the episode that Eddie wears the cobra rashguard, Denny in the red, and Cade in his same rashgaurd. I’m guessing this must all be in the same day.

At :51 Renato enters class and Eddie asks “Where’s the Gi?” And Renato says that he wants to try one day without the gi. Relook at the beginning, seems like Renato just walked in and this conversation was out of no where. People starts talking and Eddie introduces a 10pjj theme. Don’t disrespect others, we welcome all. Renato also saids “I’m no different from anyone here, I came here for Jiu jitsu” which goes to the theme that 10pjj is for Jiu Jitsu all along, we were never trying to go against it. Around 1:43 Eddie ask “What are you going to show deficient?” Something a gi person must ask themselves if they are against no gi.

8:40 shows Renato talking about the guillotine grip then switching it because there is no sleeve to latch

13:01 shows Renato understanding that regardless of names, the move is still the move, it’s still jiu jitsu.

13:24 then shows Eddie briefly highlighting the 10pjj theme of how and why we come up names for various positions and moves.
    u going to show deficient?” Something a gi person must ask themselves if they are against no gi.

14:10 shows Renato having trouble understanding the different grips of no gi versus the Gi which can be easily grabbed. Possibly showing that no gi and gi has two different means to an end.

14:39 Eddie saids Marcelo Garcia does it that way. What a better example than Marcelo Garcia who trains in Gi yet understands and transitions to No Gi very well? Not to mention he is widely accepted by everyone

16:27 Renato flipps out because he can’t see where the Capoeira part comes in the “Capoeria Pass” This can possibly show how the average Gi dude takes the naming literally and not embrace the technique itself.

21:45 Eddie greets and introduces Renato like he just came in class and once again people clapped. Wait… Is Eddie still wearing the cobra rashguard? Why would people clap twice in one day? Why Am I getting a weird feeling like this happened all over again?
    As you can see Renato is wearing that skanky looking half shirt instead of that grey t-shirt from :51. Eddie then asks “Where’s the Gi?” like he was shocked. The tone that he puts in gives me a feeling like Renato was wearing a Gi all the way up until now (21:58). But didn’t we have this similar feeling back at :51? So here we go again with the same skit and such.

LMAO! 22:20 looks like Eddie vaguely smiling and trying to hold in laughter like “Holy Shit, This acting is so fucking good that we are actually going to pull this shit off!”

22:22—22:26 I hear some muffling in the background which is not directly from Eddie speaking so I’m guessing it’s from the camera man. I’m guessing Jason Eisner is the camera man since he know the right angles and time to point at Eddie or Renato, and he is part of the MTS production (awesome vids bro!). Either he has asthma or he is trying to hold in the biggest laughter ever. For sure gotta be the asthma as he sees Eddie laughing at the same time rite?

22:31 the MTS production introduces Cade Nelson as a 10pjj Brown belt (I’m not sure but have past episodes of MTS reintroduce the students?). But didn’t we see Cade earlier with Denny? Shouldn’t they introduce him then instead of now. Maybe its just a video edit.

24:40 shows the MTS production introducing Denny as 10pjj Blackbelt

26:12 Renato doesn’t seem to like the move because it may be a pro wrestling move. But Renato can resemble the every hardcore gi dude who does not accept things outside and may feel that jiu jitsu is completely standardized. He does not feel like it can be called jiu jitsu. But a 10pjj theme is that we accept everything as long as it helps our system.

27:56 shows Renato understanding another 10pjj theme which is that everyone is part of the evolution. Here we have an example of Denny, a student, and Eddie, the teacher, working together to help contribute to the evolution of the system. Not just the teacher thinking he knows the whole jj manual with an ego scared of his students knowing moves that may tap him.

First of all, I see Renato in two different uniforms , two diff intros all while Eddie, Cade, and Denny wearing the same shirts
    The second intro must be first because 4:07 is Denny’s first appearance but the white introduction title for Denny does not appear until 24:40 which also appears for Cade around the same time. The second Renato greeting also has Eddie and Camera dude possibly laughing which might make sense to re shoot and put a new convincing Renato greeting in the beginning.

Renato seems like a very unique person that seems very different from other Brazilian BB visiting. I see him as a symbol of how a Gi person might approach the 10pjj way and who also points out our uniqueness.

Again I mean no harm, just an average guy giving out my thoughts. Please don’t hold anyone accountable base on my post, it’s all me. You can always blame it on me. Call me stupid or lame or w/e but its all good. I still love this community and this revolution anyways. Yeah baby we are part of history!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    First off all, we have a laundry service that washes and drys jiu jitsu gear so that's why we wear the same gear alot, back to back days and beyond, plus I have about 7 Cobra Kai rash guards, Marc Laimon is a good friend of mine.

You're looking too deep into things. There's no conspiracy going on here. Renato has been doing alot of nogi the last month and it's always surprising when he shows up without his gi. Prior to a month ago he wore his gi everyday. Plus you gotta understand that I am fully aware that he has a little doubt about my philosophies so I will debate his thoughts whenever he has questions aloud in class
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    its editing...with a show like lets say american chopper..you see a one hour episode but they prob film days worth to make that one episode..not to hide or get away with anything..just for time and so you dont get bored....tapeing a two hour class and then putting the entire thing on video would take alot of time and be so boreing no one would watch..sounds like they just got some clips mixed out of order..it happens all the time in video editing..

Array

School
    10th Planet Seongnam
    When I was watching 8. I remember thinking things were out of sync with 7. But figured it was done to make Eddie look pissed off at Renato after what he said for entertainment purposes.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Richard there is something called the Ultimate Ass Thread....go check it out!

Array

School
    N/A
    I think that super hot chick in the 10th planet undies is Renato...no joke.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    there may be too much time on your hands, drill more jj, critique video less.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Why did you want me to read this?

Array

School
    Foundations BJJ Academy, Madison WI
    hahaha you guys are hilarious. reading all of that original post i couldnt help wonder if he was serious or not. Like Daniel Valdez says "there may be too much time on your hands, drill more jj, critique video less. " hahaha still funny though...

Array

School
    Ronin
    Wow, so many different conspiracy theories floating around, UFO sightings, Bruce Lee's death, Alien abductions, Obama born in Kenya, Bush-Saudi Prince connection, pedophiliac government officials, phony moon landings, Chem trails, untold number of government cover-ups, etc, etc... and now, a "FISHY" BJJ black-belt antagonist to the creator of 10th Planet JJ on an internet "Reality Show." I can't keep up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast