Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Word!

Array

School
    Burning Sands Gym Cairo Egypt
    I told my students tonight that we are not philosophers...we are fighters. We do not study the philosophy of ying and yang...we apply ying and yang...When one of my students fights badly he gets arm locked...

Array

School
    Foundations BJJ Academy, Madison WI
    I'm not a philosopher, and I'm not religious by any means. I follow my own path in this life, but I do take interest in some of the philosophies of some of the great minds of the past. Here is a quote that I apply to my jiu jitsu as much as possible. Written in "The Art of War, by Sun Tzu"

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the
    result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory
    gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will
    succumb in every battle."

So, I train my ass off, learn my own strengths and weaknesses, then study my opponents, their tactics, their strengths and weaknesses. Then I apply all that I have learned, and I apply it with a healthy dose of woop ass.

Quote Originally Posted by mikevelotta View Post
    I'm not a philosopher, and I'm not religious by any means. I follow my own path in this life, but I do take interest in some of the philosophies of some of the great minds of the past. Here is a quote that I apply to my jiu jitsu as much as possible. Written in "The Art of War, by Sun Tzu"

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the
    result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory
    gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will
    succumb in every battle."

So, I train my ass off, learn my own strengths and weaknesses, then study my opponents, their tactics, their strengths and weaknesses. Then I apply all that I have learned, and I apply it with a healthy dose of woop ass.
    i love that actually, and i agree. Its amazing to see how much the mind can help your game in jitsu or any martial arts.

And its also interesting to see athletes that train every day and are in great shape physically, but if your minds not there then their gonna suffer big time, or at least thats what i believe... a lot.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    i hate to see great grapplers get on the mat and then let the bloodlust get them am try to out muscle rather then out think thier opponent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12