Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ

lockdown from the back

Is this part of the system?

It looks like a lockdown, but from the back?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Half-way to a Twister if you ask me

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    The lockdown is (and I quote) the "heart of the system." The principle can apply from virtually anywhere; top, bottom, side, back, really anywhere that lends itself to grapevining your legs. Much like how the rubber guard controls first then can set up offense, so too does the lockdown. Pain in the ass to deal with if you know how to use it
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 02-20-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    The more I learn about JJ the more amazed I am by how much Eddie has moved the art forward. He appears to be the 2nd most innovative person in the history of JJ, after Helio.

I'm not talking about "the best". There are tons of those guys, each in their era. Who was better than Rickson? But how many positions did Rickson contribute? How many has Eddie contributed?

And then if you take Eddie's philosophy and approach toward the art... The most fundamental underlying concept is to improve, grow, adapt, evolve. Assimilate what works, discard what becomes obsolete.

I'm amazed.
    Last edited by Craig Murray; 02-20-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Go to the truck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Arman Fathi View Post
    The lockdown is (and I quote) the "heart of the system." The principle can apply from virtually anywhere; top, bottom, side, back, really anywhere that lends itself to grapevining your legs. Much like how the rubber guard controls first then can set up offense, so too does the lockdown. Pain in the ass to deal with if you know how to use it
    I wouldn't say lock down is the heart of the system, it's a key component but not the heart. There's quite a few soldiers that don't even play lockdown

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ Searle View Post
    I wouldn't say lock down is the heart of the system, it's a key component but not the heart. There's quite a few soldiers that don't even play lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post

The rubber guard is the brain of the system, the lockdown game the heart. The twister is the balls of the system, and spider web the blood. And the skeleton of the 10th Planet HQ jiu jitsu figher, the base, the foundation, the bones of the system are now the 10pHQ Warm Ups.

From Eddie himself. Lockdown is the heart.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ, Gracie Academy HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by William Schrimsher View Post
    From Eddie himself. Lockdown is the heart.
    haha that's where I got it, wasn't quite ballsy enough to declare that on my own.

Somewhere in there should be the clinch too. Maybe the skin.
    Last edited by Arman Fathi; 02-21-2015 at 06:07 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Chicago
    Looks like a transitional step from the Truck to taking the back, or Twister.

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA
    The back (with grapevine) is my favorite entrance to the truck/twister set-up. I've been playing around with a half-Nelson control to keep the opponent from spinning out. people all the time let you keep one hook when they are defending full back control, they raise their hip up and everything...just giving you the truck. Here's a video from my overtime round at a tournament a few months ago...forget the fact that I got my dumb ass arm barred by getting too excited on the calf crank...but I was able to hit that set up from the back twice.

Last edited by Brian Tupper; 02-21-2015 at 12:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast