Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Sounds okay, but that salad is mostly just roughage my friend, what you need are veggies and legumes in your life.
    Mayhaps even a little brown rice.

You've lost 22 and want to lose another 22? That's almost a quarter of your original weight. Without knowing build, it seems like a lot to me. I would think that you are going to burn muscle, especially if you don't have any more fat to burn. I would hate to be weaker and have less energy than normal just to go against guys a little lighter.

Array

School
    The MMA Clinic, Cork
    800 calories is crazy, is this your first competition? You should seriously be eating more than that.

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    well 150 which would be 17 pounds then day before weigh ins lose 5 pounds thorugh sauna,natural laxative, and water a nd food restriction...just a question...

eat more food.. you're burning muscle.. i'll leave it at that. Well last thing.. do not starve yourself for 48 hours from food and water.. cap your water table a week or so out keeping it capped and pee it out the day before and just lower your food intake slowly the last week.. but even then I say you bump up a few weight classes until you get some practice. And work to get stronger..

I used to cut diet and cut t0 165-170lbs -ish, but I feel way more comfortable and am performing way batter at 185-195lb range, sometimes lighter isn't better.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Well now that I heard the weight you said you started from, this is sounding a little more dangerous. I'd ask a doctor or personal trainer for advice.

Array

School
    ninthlevelmma, goldsboro, nc
    Quote Originally Posted by robert gero View Post
    well i started off at 189 over 2 months ago i have losed down to 167 as of yesterday... iI have till jan 29 to either do 155 or 145 and wieg hins are the day before the match..... i want to do 145 ... i have just been eating high protien and salad's trying to stick around 800 to 1000 calories lately. i was on a 1200 or 1300 clarolie diet and i was losing around 2punds a week.... i just want to know if 3 is overboard? yes losing and cutting are different i know ....i read that cutting wieght article about being 10 pounds from my weight class the week of, but i dont see how u can cut that much... i mean 24 hours with out eating or drinking is around what 3 pounds and taking a natural laxtavie maybe a pound... so that 4 pounds and suana for 6 pds no way .
    Dude this is a very extreme and dangerous way to cut weight. Instead of focusing on eating less, you should know what you are eating and count calories and total fat ingestion. If you eat 2000 cals a day, try to eat less than 30 grams of fat. Step up your cardio to an hour to an hour and a half at med to high intensity levels and you should be able to cut three to five pounds a week with no problem. eating less will destroy muscle and cause all sorts of nasty side effects such as gall bladder problems, kidney problems and colon problems. Your body will start to canalibilize on itself and cause mal-nutrition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12