Array

School
    Destruction MMA

first tournament coming up...

If anyone has any advice that would be awesome. It's a non-sanctioned event held by judo club in my area, can wins from this competition still go towards my blue belt if i get them on video and throw up the 10p sign?

Array

School
    Destruction MMA
    it is an open invite with a no gi division. not just me going in against a bunch of judo guys...well i guess that might be the case, but you know what i mean. haha

good luck dude. my advise is not to be nervous AT ALL, easier said than done, but if u can manage to be relaxed, chances are ur opponent will be more nervous than you and thus u have a little advantage there

if ur take downs suck, dont try them! i learned that the hard way. check out my tourney vids on my youtube, the link is in my signature for the post. that was my second tournament but it was white belt level and you get to see the kind of shit people try at competitions and what u may expect.

Dont expose ur legs because that will tempt them for single leg take downs.

Good luck man! post ur vids after

Array

School
    Destruction MMA
    thanks man, i've been drilling double legs like crazy.. depending on how i'm feeling about it, i might just pull guard i'm pretty comfortable off my back. about to watch your videos

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    My first competition was NAGA back in May. I was nervous as hell about shooting in for the takedown. I just waited until we clinched up, and then I pulled guard or half guard. It got the fight to the ground a lot faster, and I didn't have to worry too much about being choked out when shooting.

Array

School
    Destruction MMA
    i think that might be my strategy. i'll just have to size the dudes up and see what i think. only worry there is losing on points if i never get a sweep or sub from guard.