Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranking

Array

School
    10th Planet Essex Hotbox

Ranking

Hi,

I was just wondering what I have to do to increase my ranking to Blue Belt?

Ian

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    f you are not a member of an official 10th Planet academy but stillwant to part of the 10th Planet association, these are the requirements:

You must be a premium member of this website for at least 6 months.Access to all the technique videos, especially "Mastering The System" is crucial for promotion.

To get a blue belt, you must post 10 competition wins on video wearinga 10th Planet logo on your body or flashing the 10th Planet gang sign.To get a purple belt you must post 20 competition wins. To get a brownyou must post 30 wins.

You must also post 7 technique videos, one of all the 1/2 guard youknow, one of all the rubber guard you know, one all the twister youknow, one of all the deep hook transitions to spider web you know, oneof all the mount/back you know, one of all the passing you know and thelast one will be a miscellaneous video which could include anything andeverything else you know, like various chokes, x guard, 50/50 etc.

Please don't teach in the videos, just go thru the techniques swiftlyand name EVERY position as you pass thru it. No discussions andabsolutely no edits in any of the videos. Each technique video shouldbe about 3 minutes, again please don't try to teach in the video, justrun thru the moves.

All videos will be posted on this forum so the whole association cansee what you're up to. When you're ready to be analyzed just start athread like this "Joe Blows ranking thread".

When you're grading is complete, I will mail you a signed belt

-EDDIE

Array

School
    Kalgoorlie :(
    When the ranking section is ready to be launched, this is how it will work. For those of you that are not enrolled in an official 10th Planet school, you will need to post on your 10th Planet profile 10 competition wins on video with a 10th Planet patch on your shorts in every match(you can have other school patches too). Plus 5 10th Planet technique videos. 1 of all the half guard u know, 1 of all the rg u know, 1 of all the twister u know, 1 of all the deep hook transitions u know, and 1 of all the passes u know, all unedited in one swoop. You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes. Then you get a promotion, either blue, purple or brown. Every promotion no matter what color will require the same 15 videos. Naturally the 5 technique videos will be critiqued alot harder for a purple than a blue, or for a brown than a purple. 10th Planet head instructors that are non black belts can only rank their students to blue. All Nibiru warriors that enrolled in official 10th Planet schools that are run by non black belts that want to get their purple or brown must be first recommended by their instructor and then submit 5 technique videos to this site. 1 of all the half guard u know, 1 of all the rg u know, 1 of all the twister u know, 1 of all the deep hook transitions u know, and 1 of all the passes u know, all unedited in one swoop. You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes. Easy right??

-EDDIE

Array

School
    Ronin
    "You gotta show me how much you know without looking at notes. Easy right?? "
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Frood View Post
    Hi,

I was just wondering what I have to do to increase my ranking to Blue Belt?

Ian
    Play 100 games of Checkers.

Array

School
    Will be 10th Planet Phoenix when i move there soon
    Currently live in Lake Charles, La but will be moving to Queen Creek, AZ in 9 months
    I have not formally trained in 10thplanetjj but i'm extremely interested in it, i think it is the most effective style of grappling. I have all of Eddie's books and dvds. I have trained in traditional bjj and received my blue belt. I totally agree with the testing system for people that dont have a school near by like me except for one thing. The only thing i have a problem with is i never got into bjj for the competition side of it. I did it as a hobby, fun and for fitness. So the 10 wins in competition wont work for me. Is that the only way to get ranked? Cause i have no desire to do competition bjj. Does that make it impossible for me to ever get ranked through the video testing? Or do i have to wait til a 10thplanetjj school opens up near by?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    in other words join a 10th planet school

Array

School
    Will be 10th Planet Phoenix when i move there soon
    Currently live in Lake Charles, La but will be moving to Queen Creek, AZ in 9 months
    LOL!!! Thanks i figured that. I guess i'm gonna have to make an investment in traveling to the closest school which is about 6 hours away!! Small price to pay to do something you love in my eyes!!

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    Yes dubzee, the only other way I guess is to go to HQ or another school close to you. AFAIK, Purple Belt head instructors can promote to Blue Belt, but only Black Belts can promote to Purple, etc.

So I guess that leaves you the option of going to train with Eddie, Denny, Scott and Sean to get one!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay JC Chow View Post
    Yes dubzee, the only other way I guess is to go to HQ or another school close to you. AFAIK, Purple Belt head instructors can promote to Blue Belt, but only Black Belts can promote to Purple, etc.

So I guess that leaves you the option of going to train with Eddie, Denny, Scott and Sean to get one!
    there is another 10th planet bb, whats his name?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast