Thread: Hindu Control

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Edmonds

Hindu Control

I've been messing around with Hindu Control and while I have the flexibility (I've always been flexible since I was a kid), I'm not very tall (5'5) and my limbs are not long either. My question for you guys is do longer limbs take precedence for hindu control? Or is there a way I can do it with a better angle? Much appreciated!

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Wong View Post
    I've been messing around with Hindu Control and while I have the flexibility (I've always been flexible since I was a kid), I'm not very tall (5'5) and my limbs are not long either. My question for you guys is do longer limbs take precedence for hindu control? Or is there a way I can do it with a better angle? Much appreciated!
    Limb length and shoulder flexibility are definitely a factor. Proper angle is important and does help though. Your knee should be on top of their shoulder so your leg can lay flat across the shoulders. Often times people will have their knee closer to the armpit which will angle your rubber guard leg up and leave you with less leg to work with. You will also likely find hindu control easier to get from a butterfly/carnie hook and not full guard as you will be able to push off with the hook to further angle out.

Angles make a big difference, but ultimately the amount of room you have to play with will always be based off your leg length vs your opponent's shoulder length.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Edmonds
    Thanks, Ben! If anyone would know, it would definitely be you. I'll continue to play with it.

Array

School
    10th Planet H.Q
    I was going to respond until i saw Ben did already....lol.... but everything he said is correct (Not that it needed validation or anything...He is the creator of it) but i have been developing a little "thing" to it that i call Pre-Hindu that helps me get a better angle. Maybe its something that Ben already does sub-consciously but it helps me. Maybe I can post a video when I have a chance.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Edmonds
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar Ocasio View Post
    I was going to respond until i saw Ben did already....lol.... but everything he said is correct (Not that it needed validation or anything...He is the creator of it) but i have been developing a little "thing" to it that i call Pre-Hindu that helps me get a better angle. Maybe its something that Ben already does sub-consciously but it helps me. Maybe I can post a video when I have a chance.
    Video for pre-hindu would be interesting, I could definitely benefit from all the help I can get. Thanks, Omar.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar Ocasio View Post
    Ha don't worry about stepping on my toes or anything, for sure share your details. From what I saw when I last played it with you, you have a different approach to the control and some different details than me. I'm still tweaking the move a lot even right now so I love hearing other people's approaches/details for what is working for them and I know you've played with the move quite a bit.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Victory MMA; 10th Planet Ronin
    I'm in the same boat as you, Bryan, flexible but short. I find I need to cut the angle, and approach it from a "sitting all the way up" position.
    Don't believe everything you think.