Successful half-guard sweeps / setups

Just wanted to get some feedback on your most successful half guard sweeps. It is my most difficult position to gain an advantage... All I seem to do is try to prevent being passed, or hip my way back to full guard. The only real sweep I've found success with is using the lock down, trapping the arm on the same side and rolling. What are the most common sweeps you guys have success with? Is there a name for it I can look up? My half guard needs A LOT of work.

Old school and electric chair from lockdown are very high percentage sweeps. You can mix in the twist back, eddie may call it plan b i cant remember, and the fancy feet takes you to dog fight where you have several other options. I am still pretty early on in my jiu jitsu journey, but sweeps from lockdown have worked for me in almost every tournament match i have ever been in. The main thing to remember, no matter what half guard technique you are using is to be on your hip and not flat on your back, that i think is the key to everything

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Hamilton View Post
    What are the most common sweeps you guys have success with? Is there a name for it I can look up? My half guard needs A LOT of work.
    The one you are referring to is the mechanic sweep. Electric chair, old school, twist back plan b, whipup to dogfight

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Ronin
    Dont forget the fat whip!!! Fat whip almost always saves my ass! I usually go straight for that underhook on their free leg and either angry rainbow to the electric chair sweep (I usually go straight for the sweep) if that doesnt work your hands already there for the oldschool. works for me
    10th Planet, It's How I Roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Helps never to be flat. I've found it not a good idea to just hang out in half guard even with lockdown, you want to active looking for those sweeps.

This is not up to date or complete but it might help, just ignore the rubber guard parts (like I said work formerly in progress). The times on each bubble are were you can find the technique on mastering the rubber guard dvd.
    Attachment 1772

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    5-0 sweep all day

i think that is the one you have been using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1yd0t_P198
    Blue belt under Sean Bollinger

http://www.facebook.com/camcarr93?ref=tn_tnmn

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    I think it's about securing under hooks, and learning how to whip up, gooood! A good whip puts people off balance, and the rest is a cakewalk. (Relative, depending on who you go against of course) I love my whip. I can even sweep really good guys. (Even tho they smash me eventually)
    I think it's about details and studying them carefully! Grappling dummy helps as well.

Thanks guys I'm gonna write all these down and attempt next open mat