Array

School
    10th planet Newark

twister question

hey guy question for you if any of you have any videos or can explain a problem that came up finishing the twister. ive been repping this move for like 6 months now getting it on everyone at my school, last night i rolled with a brown belt from another gym, got him to the truck, hand behind the head, started to reach for my s grip and he escaped his hips enough to where i could feel i would never finish from there....obviously i know what happened he turned a little towards me and escaped his hip barely off me but, this is the first time ive got that far and not finished. is there a recovery from that point? or a way to adjust back under? or just time to bail?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    If he escaped his hips your control from either your grapevine or clench was loose. When a person is savy with good defense, take your time and control the shit out of him. Through each step, stay tight and control. If you rush you leave openings.

Be able to transition back to the truck if he escapes his upper body. If his hips are on top of yours, he is way less mobile and easier to control.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    If he escaped his hips your control from either your grapevine or clench was loose. When a person is savy with good defense, take your time and control the shit out of him. Through each step, stay tight and control. If you rush you leave openings.

Be able to transition back to the truck if he escapes his upper body. If his hips are on top of yours, he is way less mobile and easier to control.
    All this.

Also, don't be afraid to play with different ways to control his trapped leg. Figure 4, Grapevine, ankle stomp, etc...

Moving back and forth from twister to truck to back is essential.

As Bobby said, control is where it's at. Learn to control him and the finish will present itself.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site