Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita/Ronin
    Thanks for clarifying!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Ask an ibjjf official why you get 4 points going from mount to back but get zero points going from back to mount. Sure the mount is a good place to be but so is side control and full guard, it's mainly a time issue, hella long OT rounds could kill the show
    That's sort-of the point I was making: Back to mount is an extension of the same bad position, so you shouldn't get an escape for it, just like you don't get an escape from back-with-hooks to back-with-one-hook even though it reduces the threat of the choke (and prolongs the OT round).

Either way, thanks Eddie for being so responsive to these ideas. I'm a big fan of EBI, and I'm sure I'm not alone in the feeling that it's in large part because your event seems like the people's BJJ event.

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Lets have it this way to clear things up. Take any position you like (full mount, back, truck, spider web, side control, north south etc,) but if the defender of any of these positions escapes that particular position, then its game over. Does that satisfy?

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    Lets have it this way to clear things up. Take any position you like (full mount, back, truck, spider web, side control, north south etc,) but if the defender of any of these positions escapes that particular position, then its game over. Does that satisfy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladi The African Tiger View Post

No. I just think the OT round should continue if the person rolls over from back to full mount. That is not an escape, in my opinion.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    Take it from someone who is very defensive and has been for 13years. Getting you off my back by letting you go to mount is totally an escape. Especially in nogi! Eddie took the two most aggressive attacking positions to set up an exciting overtime. If you let them go to mount or sidecontrol with the high level of competition it would just drag things out way too long. There is a very good reason why EBI is now the bench mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123