Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    Guys if only real fighters and people who train would wear Tapout, afflicition, sinister t-shirts, first of all those companies would be out of business, Chuck Liddlell would be making $20,000 at the most per fight and Joe Rogan would be unemployed or working for Dana for minumum wage. T shirt friggin business saved the sport you love, so you might want to slow down and thank the people who spend $50 odd bucks on one of those weird t-shirts to support the cause, or represent that they enjoy the sport.

None of you are basketball players but I guarantee all of you own an Adidas T-shirt, I am sure all of you wore Nike tennis shoes with jeans or something going to school or grocery store. Does it make sense someone coming up to you and saying, dude you are a fake, you dont even play basketball but look you are wearing those butt-ugly shoes to the grocery store..... Come on, look at both sides of the coin before you criticize.
    For Joe Rogan, he is a funny dude and it's his job to make the most out of every little thing he gets his hands on, but as I said earlier, his paycheck from the UFC depends on that dude that he is ripping who went and bought that afflicition t-shirt.
    Pretty much a reach for a comparison. Nike has been making shoes and athletic gear for all sports and all levels of athlete for a very long time. Pretty sure its not the ugly assed shirts that get folks worked up, but the attitude that tends to be in them. I dont mind any sort of shirt, its when the same guy wearing said shirt starts talking about his upcoming fights, his jits, his "stand up" and how much he tranes UFC I sort of get a bit tired of it.

Like Raider funk said, used to be different lies, The ones I always remembered were guys who would say they were ex-spec ops (esp SEALS) when it was making its hollywood rounds. Now its a MMA (UFC) fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    Pretty much a reach for a comparison. Nike has been making shoes and athletic gear for all sports and all levels of athlete for a very long time. Pretty sure its not the ugly assed shirts that get folks worked up, but the attitude that tends to be in them. I dont mind any sort of shirt, its when the same guy wearing said shirt starts talking about his upcoming fights, his jits, his "stand up" and how much he tranes UFC I sort of get a bit tired of it.

Like Raider funk said, used to be different lies, The ones I always remembered were guys who would say they were ex-spec ops (esp SEALS) when it was making its hollywood rounds. Now its a MMA (UFC) fighter.
    I've never heard of anyone talking about their upcoming fights, their jits, or their standup and not have any sort of real training. Then again, I live in a state where everyone trains for some reason.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by JusLove View Post
    I've never heard of anyone talking about their upcoming fights, their jits, or their standup and not have any sort of real training. Then again, I live in a state where everyone trains for some reason.
    I think what's going on here is that people and fans who have been wearing TapouT the past couple of years have been negatively associated with being tough guys outside the ring. I've been to some UFCs and it seems like when there was a fight in the crowd it was a couple of guys wearing those shirts. Being that TapouT supports ultimate fighting and MMA, the people that generally wear them are a different genre of people then those that just play/support basketball and other sports. So basically, even though most people are just wearing it to show their support of the sport of mma, it is the negative stereotype why people think there is a bit of irony when things like the cheeseburger josh incident happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JusLove View Post
    Listen more, its everywhere, but varies to degrees. Dont get me wrong some of the loudest ones are the guys who train their BJJ once/week, talk non stop about MMA, and wear any and all MMA related gear. The guy is IMO still a pain, though he does train, no one wants to hear it non stop. But what state by chance?

Also how many amatuer/grass roots level fights do you go to? The crowds tend to be full of these guys.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys

I understand but those dudes will talk like that even if they were wearing pijamas. The buttheadness comes from within them

Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    I understand but those dudes will talk like that even if they were wearing pijamas. The buttheadness comes from within them
    Thats exactly what I said. I do think its nice that the shirts aid greatly in spotting one from a distance though (I wouldnt call it a sure thing, but IME, its a 50-50 shot).

Listen more, its everywhere, but varies to degrees. Dont get me wrong some of the loudest ones are the guys who train their BJJ once/week, talk non stop about MMA, and wear any and all MMA related gear. The guy is IMO still a pain, though he does train, no one wants to hear it non stop. But what state by chance?
    I live in Hawaii. I don't mind guys that train (even once a week because not everyone can train full time) mouthing off because it all gets dealt with the second they step onto the mat.

I've went to one local event and it was the most annoying thing ever because of the lack of respect for any sort of grappling. However, I just think most people are stupid in general, so I don't really categorize them into an "mma" crowd.

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    There should be a rule the only fight gear that should be worn, is when your repping your school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123