Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Talked to the wife, and Orlando is a no go I'm glad as hell to have found the site though. Very welcoming community.

if you cant train at a 10th planet school buy eddies books. there is a section on the stretches you need for ruber guard and will help you learn the tech. then you will be ready for when a school opens up close to you. i trained with the book for a couple months before starting at hq and it gave me a good advantage.

I have Jiu Jitsu Unleashed. I have Jean Jaques' book too. Are the stretches in Mastering the Rubber Guard?

Array

School
    Ronin
    yes they are along with alot of really great techniques Mastering the twister is great too. Also I think the Advanced rubber guard book is out soon but if your just starting go for the first two

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I'm a 31 year old dude looking to start training some Jiu Jitsu. I live in the Tampa area, so no 10th planet for me .
    I think Robson Moura's school is in Tampa if you're looking for places close to you...

Array

School
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by frank-theman-james View Post
    Welcome to the family. I'm 43 with a broken down wore out body and I pull rubber guard like a mad man including crackhead and invisible collar. With a good work ethic and time you can do it.

And dartangan is still one of the coolest names ever
    Thanks Its a cool name when people can say it right lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12