Array

School
    We Are Ronin (Near Koblenz, Germany)

combat jiu jitsu - what exactly is a strike to the face or body?

hello fellow sweaty ground martial arts lovers,

since a friend of mine and i are kinda blown away how fun it becomes when you 'bitchslap' (well at least in training ) each other when one tries to stall i became interested in the rules of combat jiujitsu.

i found some 3rd party information in the internet, strikes only allowed if you have at least one knee on the ground.

but what is meant with strikes to "face or body". in my interpretation the head is part of my body. where does the face end? my guess is strikes on the ear are illegal, so are strikes to the back of the head. but what is with the side of the neck? is that a part of the body? top of the head? legs and arms must be a part of the body since i saw people slap there a lot of times.

and what is considered a palmstrike? if i aim for a hit with my wrist, it looks the same but is way more brutal. or a hit with the lower part of the arm? is there a "complete ruleset" out there? and are there regulations if we would host a tourment for cjj?

cheers from germany!

Array

School
    Los Angeles Downtown HQ
    the rules are common sense. you can follow the same rules as the ufc when it comes to where and how to strike. no strikes to the top or back of the head. only palm strikes allowed which is anything with the bottom side of the hand.
    some local states have regulations when it comes to striking.

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Congrats on your brown belt mr Plaster
    cheers
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Undertaker View Post
    hello fellow sweaty ground martial arts lovers,

since a friend of mine and i are kinda blown away how fun it becomes when you 'bitchslap' (well at least in training ) each other when one tries to stall i became interested in the rules of combat jiujitsu.

i found some 3rd party information in the internet, strikes only allowed if you have at least one knee on the ground.

but what is meant with strikes to "face or body". in my interpretation the head is part of my body. where does the face end? my guess is strikes on the ear are illegal, so are strikes to the back of the head. but what is with the side of the neck? is that a part of the body? top of the head? legs and arms must be a part of the body since i saw people slap there a lot of times.

and what is considered a palmstrike? if i aim for a hit with my wrist, it looks the same but is way more brutal. or a hit with the lower part of the arm? is there a "complete ruleset" out there? and are there regulations if we would host a tourment for cjj?

cheers from germany!
    You can't use the wrist or back of the hand if that helps!