Reactions,Transitions and Grip Strentgh

Hi community
    I’ve been working my ass of to learn and drill techniques for months 1on1 with my black belt friend.

Yesterday he told me: “Hasan; your techniques are even more detailed and smooth than most purple belts. But you should focus on those 3 weak parts of you.

If you guys have any ideas to make me improve those concepts please feel free to advice me

1-Grip power.
    This is where your Jiu Jitsu gameplan works. If you don’t have proper grips you are playing your opponents game. Strong guys are able to break your grips so improve your grips in both gi and nogi.

2-Lack of ability to understand your oppoenents reaction.
    Ok you know and apply the technique correctly. But boards don’t hit back. You put your leg into his legs to make a reverse DLR but what if he crosses his knees inside? And this brings us to the third problem

3-Transitions
    “When your opponents reacts proparly, you are insisting to apply the same technique. You should transition to another position immidiately. Especially in guard passing.

Array

School
    Ronin @ Ion BJJ
    My two cents but I’m just a blue too:

1) comes down to technique and actual strength. Farmer carries, hanging from your hands, rings using false grips....all helped me with strength. Technique....folding/rolling in the collar, getting your whole hand into a grip rather than fingertips, 2 on 1 as much as possible with a butterfly grip (hands pointing in opposite directions) or burrito grip as Eddie calls it.

2) and 3) come down to two things imo....experience and a conceptual mindset. Lower belts tend to by unidirectional, I know I was at times. One needs to chain things together or sometimes go back two steps and move forward again. Some of this only comes from rolling and rolling a lot. But, I feel conceptual learning is much more powerful at blue and above than just chasing a library of techniques and counters to counters to counters. Learn about levers, force vectors, wedges, alignment, posture, base, rotational control, etc. Then techniques become an application of concepts and can be modified during the roll to be successful.

Good luck!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    All that comes with time. Don’t overthink it, trust the system.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Open Mat
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    All that comes with time. Don’t overthink it, trust the system.
    With all my heart and soul
    We live on a bowl.

"this isn't bread crumbs and horseshit" - AJ

"Come out, come out, pu$$y you can't hide from a war" - 50 cent