Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trouble shooting the RG

Hey guys. Just had a quick question. When ever I break an opponent down, I get their posture broken, but they manage to keep their arms in pushing on my hips (meaning I have no hand on the mat and I can't zombie because the opponent is too tight). What's the best way to get the hands on the mat or in a zombie position if they are broken down but pushing on my hips?

Thanks

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    Personally I try to double-bag and then clear the neck. Once I'm in invisible crackhead the zombie is MUCH stronger. I've also seen guys meathook to clear the neck. Also if you get halfway through the zombie and fail, you can go for a duda.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Murray View Post
    Personally I try to double-bag and then clear the neck. Once I'm in invisible crackhead the zombie is MUCH stronger. I've also seen guys meathook to clear the neck. Also if you get halfway through the zombie and fail, you can go for a duda.
    I know this, but what I am saying is how do I break the posture down correctly so that their arms won't be pushing my hips. If they do that, I can't really get into Mission Control.

Array

School
    10th planet Newark
    If you can still get to crack head try using the gag reflex just to make them move. I never really had success using it as a submission, but it will atleast make them move their hands which gives you the zombie

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Keep working that Zombie. If their hands are on your hips their elbows will be flared out. Most likely their elbows will be pinned to your thigh so here's what you do. Get a good grip right on their elbow. Push it to the ceiling. If you can't get the motion started pop your hips a little bit. Your upward force will be much stronger than their downward force. Slip the zombie in and really extend your arm until you can circle and hug the knee. There's all kinds of tricks you can use IE Night of the Living Dead or Rescue Dog, that will get the hand to the mat. Just a side not, personally I'd rather catch a free NY rather that battle for the zombie. Keep working it and you'll find what works best for you.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman Slowinski View Post
    I know this, but what I am saying is how do I break the posture down correctly so that their arms won't be pushing my hips. If they do that, I can't really get into Mission Control.
    Wait are you saying you can't keep the posture broken or that with their hand placement you can't mount an effective offense?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Wait are you saying you can't keep the posture broken or that with their hand placement you can't mount an effective offense?
    I am saying that when they posture up, they are keeping their hands on the hips making everything tight. When I sit up to break the posture down, they come down with me, but their hands are still straight and driving into my hips, meaning the elbows aren't popping out.

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman Slowinski View Post
    I am saying that when they posture up, they are keeping their hands on the hips making everything tight. When I sit up to break the posture down, they come down with me, but their hands are still straight and driving into my hips, meaning the elbows aren't popping out.
    I like to c-cup both of their elbows and flare them out the same time I'm using my legs to pull them towards me. From there you can snatch their head and keep their posture broken long enough to get to mission control hopefully. Hope this helps!
    The Name is Nick Paul

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Paul View Post
    I like to c-cup both of their elbows and flare them out the same time I'm using my legs to pull them towards me. From there you can snatch their head and keep their posture broken long enough to get to mission control hopefully. Hope this helps!
    This.

Double C cup both of their elbows flare them out and at that moment pull in with your legs, just watch their head coming down quick as there is the possibility of an unintentional head butt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast