Thread: Hot Box

Hot Box

Are the hot boxes still a thing because I'm wanting to start one up but I'm not sure if Eddie is still doing them

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Hot boxes no longer exist. It was a cool concept but didn't really achieve any desired goal. While being a hotbox you couldn't advertise and charge money so it made it hard to actually be a hotbox and grow a gym. I had to drop being a hotbox in order to grow my gym to the point of affiliating. Just study 10th Planet technique/all grappling and get better, it doesn't matter what you call it.

So there aren't hot boxes or are there because I'm just looking to not really start up a gym yet but just train with some friends and have a hot box as well

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Rogers View Post
    So there aren't hot boxes or are there because I'm just looking to not really start up a gym yet but just train with some friends and have a hot box as well
    Zero hot boxes. As Mr. Phillips stated above, just do your thing, man. Pretend it's a 10P hot box, just don't call it one.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    back in my day we searched before posting new threads....pepperidge farm remembers....

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Rogers View Post
    Yeah, I was looking for the same thing...just a clear network on the site where people could find training partners in their area who just wanted to drill 10th Planet techniques based on the MTS episodes. In my view, the Hotbox was something different. Posting that you are looking for training partners here on the forum is helpful I suppose, but those posts will fade into the background in time. Maybe another system will develop in time.

And for the record, I have a cool training space in my home in Brooklyn (near Brooklyn College). If anyone wants to drill MTS techniques with me, definitely reach out.

Array

School
    Mill Town Jiu Jitsu, Milton, Otago
    Hi folks, you could also join the Ronins group on Facebook. Lots of people there that are looking for partners and there's a registration thing at the top of the page to put your details in for training. Some top level 10PJJ people follow the group and provide support and advice. Check it out.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Unfortunately some folks exploited the Hotbox program causing it to go away.

Get some guys together, start working under a moon head like you would do with a hotbox, bringing them out or going to them as often as possible and basically work though the same process as was the case in the hotbox program and you can probably get the results your looking for anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Vaudrey View Post
    Hi folks, you could also join the Ronins group on Facebook. Lots of people there that are looking for partners and there's a registration thing at the top of the page to put your details in for training. Some top level 10PJJ people follow the group and provide support and advice. Check it out.
    Could you put the link to that group? I can't find it