Array

School
    Sergio Penha

Important letter from Ryan Hall to our BJJ Community

We urge everyone to take a few minutes of their time and read this extremely important letter by Ryan Hall to the martial arts community. Please read, reflect on what Ryan has to say and please share this. We need to help bring light back to our community and this is an amazing step in that direction. Much respect to Ryan for being brave and posting it. It is too lengthy to post so please read it all here http://livingthemartialarts.com/

Sam Sales

Ryan Hall is the man. :-)
    Staying silent about all this isn't going to help, yet many seem happy to do so. :-(

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Ryan Hall is the man. :-)
    Staying silent about all this isn't going to help, yet many seem happy to do so. :-(
    I really hope others start taking action as well. I hope that everyone not only reads this article but reflects on it and spreads the word. In many ways it's a call to action for our community to step up and clean out the trash. As divisive as jiu jitsu can be, it can also be a tremendously powerful community. I know whenever I bump into someone that does jiu jitsu we've got common ground and bonds. These ideas surpass teams, affiliations etc. Together lets all work together and strengthen our community!

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by OpenMatRadio View Post
    I really hope others start taking action as well. I hope that everyone not only reads this article but reflects on it and spreads the word. In many ways it's a call to action for our community to step up and clean out the trash. As divisive as jiu jitsu can be, it can also be a tremendously powerful community. I know whenever I bump into someone that does jiu jitsu we've got common ground and bonds. These ideas surpass teams, affiliations etc. Together lets all work together and strengthen our community!
    Agree 100%. This whole thing has made me realize just how powerful Lloyd and his money is to some guys. They will literally sell their soul for a medal, and some cheap hack marketing wank you can find anywhere on the net if you can be bothered to actually go find it yourself. You don't need to pay for Lloyd and his pyramid scheme.
    I am so happy Ryan has written this because for a minute I was questioning some stuff in my mind. Didn't know whether I even wanted to be part of the bjj/mma community anymore simply because people were just ignoring it. Everyone else was outraged yet NO prominent members/instructors/fighters spoke out. It was hugely disturbing to be frank. Lloyd clearly controls a lot of people.
    I just have no time for rapist sympathizers when all is said and done. :-)

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Agree 100%. This whole thing has made me realize just how powerful Lloyd and his money is to some guys. They will literally sell their soul for a medal, and some cheap hack marketing wank you can find anywhere on the net if you can be bothered to actually go find it yourself. You don't need to pay for Lloyd and his pyramid scheme.
    I am so happy Ryan has written this because for a minute I was questioning some stuff in my mind. Didn't know whether I even wanted to be part of the bjj/mma community anymore simply because people were just ignoring it. Everyone else was outraged yet NO prominent members/instructors/fighters spoke out. It was hugely disturbing to be frank. Lloyd clearly controls a lot of people.
    I just have no time for rapist sympathizers when all is said and done. :-)
    i'm happy to see that people like BETA Academy and BJJ United have decided to break ties with Lloyd and his network. It will be interesting to see how many people that were part of his Marketing Millionaires BS stick with him or leave.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    When people look at the martial arts and bjj community from the outside, it would be great if one of the most successful people wasn’t a low life. Just saying.