Looking for one - Mississippi
    Thanks alot Gabby!

Quote Originally Posted by Trent_D View Post
    Thanks alot Gabby!
    no problem! just speaking from experience! (:

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Trent check out my "competition prep article" thread, focus on the goal setting and visualization portion in should lead you in the right direction.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Looking for one - Mississippi
    Thanks a lot Chris. I've read them about 3 times through just today. Got em favorited. Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bear
    I've been training for 3 months now and been to 3 tournys for the experience. the first was only after 3 weeks of training and I was extremely nervous, needless to say I got rocked but didnt tap. The second went better but still no W. Saturday was the first tourny I won a few matches in and lost the battle for 3rd place by a coin toss :-( But it was a great time. I was extremely nervous before each match, but once you step on that mat and look your opponent in the eye the jitters go away. Just give it your best and only look to take away some good grappling experience and you will do fine!

Array

School
    10th planet Spokane
    Trent- I have not done that many tournaments...3 to be exact and I get insanely nervous every time. I agree with Gabby, just zone out, try not to think about it, and rock out with your iPod. Just remember, you will be in a division with people of your same experience or close to it. Just do your best and try to harness your nervousness into increasing your intensity. Most everyone at tournaments are in the same boat you are. Wish you well Trent. Let us know how you do.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    Lose the ego and don't worry about getting tapped. It happens. Good Luck.
    Truth.

I was tapped, tapped, and tapped again at my first (and only thus far) tournament. Who cares.

Video tape it if you can, if you win or lose there is still something to take away from the matches. Always something to do better, always.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Just don't worry about. The adrenaline dump can be avoided if you just chill. Think Steve Nash.

Array

School
    Fi-G Muay Thai/Honeybadger MMA
    The bit that messes with my head is that Eddie has the bit about winning with the 10th Planet patch on, for grading. Iv got no real measure on what I can do, and if it works. I would hate to go and make a mess of 10th Planet technique and not do it justice. I will leave the gear at home, but if I do Ok I will be gutted!

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Make sure you give us an update Trent, we are all sending positive thoughts your way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast