Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    I'm suggesting only stopping them for a second, like a ref stopping action to pull them back into the center of the mat. Just reverse them back to RG with her leg lose, remind her to try kung fu>carni or bail to lockdown. then say go. should only take 30 seconds, since you are not teaching only reminding her of something previously taught. Micah then tries for the same pass, this time she should attempt your suggestion as soon as he stuffs the leg. Micah gets another real good rep at passing RG and Cora gets to try the correct response to his pass. This should be agreed upon before the roll and used sparingly only when really trying to improve a centain area. Micah gets killa at passing RG and Cora gets killa at RG WIN, WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    I'm the same Rank, but your exactly right, If that leg isn't controlling something (Posture or hips) thats an easy Knee slide pass all day. At that same note, If she clears the head quickly to Chill dog and he begins to pass that free leg, when she kungfu moves, she'll be in a submission called the Carni. Google it, its an excellent submission.

Thanks for posting this vid - thats an awesome Carni set up! love the technique. Side note...would that be considered a 'flying' kung fu move/'flying' chill dog??

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Greg: yes I see your point... thank you. Will try to do that next time and let you know how that goes. Its just that they don't see each other too often their family just had twins and he doesn't show to practice as much as before. Hopefully today he will show up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12