Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Harris View Post
    Once again, I am not saying Hinger isn't a beast but to make my point; you just used four examples from three of Hinger's matches to prove he wasn't conservative. If you were trying to prove to me that Tonon was not conservative how many examples would you have? I agree that Hinger is awesome at jiu jitsu, my point was that I don't think he is a good fit for trying to take sub only to the mainstream.

A good comparison would be GSP; after losing to Serra he adopted a conservative style. He was still an awesome fighter and He was still nearly unbeatable but his style was far less entertaining.
    #smh

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    Alright, who let the white belts out of their cages?
    You were a white belt a couple months ago, right?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    You were a white belt a couple months ago, right?
    We were all white belts at some point. That doesn't mean we should have been allowed to have opinions or speak out loud.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    We were all white belts at some point. That doesn't mean we should have been allowed to have opinions or speak out loud.
    I don't understand what you are saying, I think it's your accent

Array

School
    blank
    that is ross' second post today dismissing someone's argument on account of them being a white belt without any other reasoning

i was thinking the same thing as Rob

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    I, personally, think this was the best EBI to date. Great line up of grapplers and great matches. Also, I think that commentators did a phenomenal job, but wouldn't mind a more knowledgable announcer. Only thing that bugged me is Josh Hinger constantly being called an underdog and how everyone was so surprised that he "came out of nowhere and made to the finals". Really??? Black belt under Andre Galvao, instructor and member of one of the top JJ teams in the world, 2014 No Gi World silver medalist in adult BB division, guy who just beat AJ Agazarm. Shit, he even got a variation of a gilly choke named after him. I don't remember 100%, but I think he got a triangle choke in his first round and 2 arm bars in over time second two rounds. How is he an underdog?? Other than that, EBI 3 was definitely the highlight of last week.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge Bunimovich View Post
    I, personally, think this was the best EBI to date. Great line up of grapplers and great matches. Also, I think that commentators did a phenomenal job, but wouldn't mind a more knowledgable announcer. Only thing that bugged me is Josh Hinger constantly being called an underdog and how everyone was so surprised that he "came out of nowhere and made to the finals". Really??? Black belt under Andre Galvao, instructor and member of one of the top JJ teams in the world, 2014 No Gi World silver medalist in adult BB division, guy who just beat AJ Agazarm. Shit, he even got a variation of a gilly choke named after him. I don't remember 100%, but I think he got a triangle choke in his first round and 2 arm bars in over time second two rounds. How is he an underdog?? Other than that, EBI 3 was definitely the highlight of last week.
    Word.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    The one piece of constructive criticism I do have, is that a lot of people from Atos and other schools were not liking the commentary. The chat room was hating on the announcers (Compella and Scott Ross). That was their biggest gripe. The fact that they were pushing sub-only so much and talking down on point fighting, also not giving Demian credit against Jacob I guess, etc. I can pull some quotes from the Atos fb chat if you'd like and keep them anonymous, haha. I was there live and I haven't seen the stream so I don't really know, but I will say that if Eddie hired some outside announcers that are non biased, it would for sure look better to the people outside of 10PJJ. From what I am seeing/hearing, everyone in 10PJJ loved the commentary, and a lot of people on the outside weren't feeling it. Another thing that has been brought up before that I tend to agree with, is if Eddie were to not ref any matches. Even though it's sub-only and the ref doesn't dictate who the winner is necessarily, it isn't the best look (again outside the 10P system). He would also have more time to shake hands and coach his students if he hired some legit referees that can handle the rule set. Just my two pennies. Still the best rule set in the game, and best EBI to date!

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Everyone knows white belts aren't people.
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast