Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    thing about age is , your only as old as old as the woman you feel

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    I'm 34 and have trained more in the gi than nogi up to this point. I can tell you that when I trained gi my hands were screwed all the time because of the focus on grips and grip fighting. I've a new found appreciation for nogi and really enjoy it more now. The great thing about jiu jitsu is you can figure out what works for you. There is no set mold you have to follow. There are so many body types and different types of players. The variety is what makes jiu jitsu so dynamic and fun.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    I'm 38 and only just dipped my toe into jiu jitsu 1, 1/2 years ago when i went along to the only 10th planet in Scotland. I fell in love with it instantly. As for age!! It really is just a number. I also was forced into ill health retirement due to Multiple sclerosis and I can honestly say that since putting my time into 10thplanetjj I feel healthier and more flexible than I ever did when I was apparently younger and fitter! I've competed 4 times so far including twice in Naga. 1 x silver and 3 x bronze. Age is unimportant just the strength of your mind!

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham
    I'm 32, have been training at 10p Birmingham UK. Started with no jiu jitsu experience. I love it and I'm steadily improving. I've let go of the idea of 'progression' in the traditional belt sense, as the system seems more focussed on developing a rounded and proficient personal set of skills. Who knows where I'll be in several years? I do know that if I commit and dedicate myself I'll progress and that's good enough for me.

Array

School
    Mill Town Jiu Jitsu, Milton, Otago
    Hi Guys, I'm 57 and find the system is just fine. I do spend a fair bit of time stretching and try really hard to avoid injuries (they take heaps longer to come back from). But as for techniques, I haven't found anything I can't do yet. My flexibility is not quite double lotus, say 1 and a half haha. I came to 10PJJ from 35 years of Karate, so there was a background already there. But I don't see age as a barrier at all. I certainly don't hurt myself when I fall over any more, that's for sure.

Array

School
    The Forge BJJ
    A lot of people say age is just a number. Weight is just a number too, and strength, flexibility, experience... they are all just numbers. Age is one of many numbers.

Started at 40
    Did my first comp at 41
    Got average flexibility.
    Still keeping up with the young savages..There are so many options you have to choose what works for you. That's the beauty of Jiu Jitsu you choose from a variety of weapons. Every advantage has an option to overcome it like speed and strength.
    Think you need to be more concious about warming up and down and regular stretching as you get older I Want to go until I can't go anymore which will hopefully be never. I have slowed down but I feel fitter and stronger than I did in my 30's without a doubt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123