Array

School
    Alliance Jiu Jitsu

Need help on my game :)

Hey guys!! I need some help. First of all, I'm a 4stripe white belt from Brazil, and, where I live, there isn't a no gi, grappiling or wrestling academy. The only bjj i practice is the traditional gi, no heel hooks, no reaping jiu jitsu (ibjjf rules).
    The thing is, I don't use the gi grips or gi techniques because I think it's unrealistic in mma and street fight. So, from the begging, I try only to use no gi grips and techniques. Even though I'm able to use this style, the gi game is too strong. I always see myself in disadvantage in every roll, because they grab my collar or panths while I try to clinch or develop no gi controls. And because of that, I feel that is a lot harder to learn or compete. The only moment that my game really shines are in no gi classes, where once a week we need drop the gi, because I feel more loose. But, all the others days I get smashed.

And most of the techniques I learn are from grappiling books and content, like MTS, Eddie books and YouTube .

So, my question for you guys is, should I surrender to the gi, and once I'm purple/brown I transition to no gi style?
    Should I have both styles? Or should i continuous my no gi mindset that I have right now?

Thanks for the time guys

Array

School
    10th Planet Stockholm
    Continue to train with the Gi, but try to focus a little more on techniques that work in both systems, and you will be ok. That is how we do it at 10th Planet Stockholm, where we also have a few Gi classes each week.

Don't think too much about it, just continue to train. Any jiu jitsu is better than no jiu jitsu, and someday maybe you will have chance to focus more on it. It's a long journey, you will have time.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Playing in the gi with Nogi grips is way harder than playing with gi grips. It’s up to you how you want to play a hard game. But it will pay off when you train Nogi tremendously. Marcelo did it and look at him. You can’t play Nogi grips all the time in the gi tho, just try to use Nogi grips and clinches as much as possible
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Alliance Jiu Jitsu
    I'll follow your advice. Maybe one day I'll come closer to the skill you and Marcelo have o/. Thanks for the reply man, you're awesome, it means a lot to me.