Array

School
    American Top Team NY

Joao Assis?!?!?!?!?! (top grapplers)

So recently ive been going through the grapplers quest videos and footage of Assis and he really seems to be wrecking. They say he is the number one but im not sure if he would win adcc. Do u guys have a list of the top grapplers and show me where assis would stand. I really do respect the guy and his attitude but i feel like if Marcelo got back into competing he could beat him

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Marcelo Garcia
    Roger Gracie
    Braulio Estima
    Robert "Cyborg" Abreu
    Fabricio Werdum
    Ronald "Jacare" Souza
    Would all be tough to impossible matches for Joao!

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    He's for sure proved he's up there. But I can't call him the worlds best at the moment. He seems like a very humble and nice guy. I'm really looking forward to '11

Wasn't grapplers quest gonna set up a match with Cyborg? Would love to see those two fight. Cyborg is crazy

Cyborg is the guy I wanna see fight Assis right now.

Him or Braulio, cause that would be an awesome style match up.

Marcelo is the king, but Assis would give him problems. Assis is just SO fucking powerful, strong, and technical. He might be able to use a Pablo Popovitch style game to shut down Marcelo. That's be a good match too though.

Roger isn't really doing no-gi.

The best matches for Assis would be Cyborg or Pablo because of the tension, and Braulio Estima after that. I'd pick Braulio by straight footlock. I'd pick Assis over Pablo by points, and maybe (hopefully) Cyborg over Assis by reverse triangle from a tornado guard sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bergeron View Post
    Wasn't grapplers quest gonna set up a match with Cyborg? Would love to see those two fight. Cyborg is crazy
    They were, but Cyborg and Pablo both said that they were busy winning the No-Gi World Absolutes while Assis sat on the sidelines. They said with all their accomplishments this year (they won damn near everything) they don't feel they need to do a superfight with Assis.

If a superfight doesn't go down hopefully they'll meet in the Mundials or in ADCC next year!

Array

School
    Infinitemma Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMike2k9 View Post
    They were, but Cyborg and Pablo both said that they were busy winning the No-Gi World Absolutes while Assis sat on the sidelines. They said with all their accomplishments this year (they won damn near everything) they don't feel they need to do a superfight with Assis.

If a superfight doesn't go down hopefully they'll meet in the Mundials or in ADCC next year!
    Sorry dude I have to respectively disagree with assis shutting down Marcelo

Array

School
    Infinitemma Jiu Jitsu
    That wasn't the one I wanted to quote^ my bad

Array

School
    Bakersfield Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    No doubt Assis is great guys, but he's an up and comer. He has to enter gi mundials and win, also win adcc to be in the same league as Roger and Marcelo. He's comparable to a Heisman trophy winner yet to play in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by 4site View Post
    Sorry dude I have to respectively disagree with assis shutting down Marcelo
    I would put money on Marcelo all day! I'm just saying that Assis has a style that's typically been the most difficult for Marcelo to deal with. My money's on the king by guillotine all day long though, don't get it twisted.