Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin

Marketing advice?

We are getting ready to open 10th Planet St. Louis this summer and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on marketing? I have never taken a marketing class but plan on it asap. However, in the mean time can anyone recommend a good marketing book or website? Thanks for the help

Array

School
    In my mind
    Everytime that I have opened a business, I've always ended up with a mentor from the local chamber of commerce. They have free programs and paperwork to help your business. I found most of their info highly usefull.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Chamber of commerce is a great place to start. You can look at companies like gotprint.com and get a bunch of little flyers made up for cheap and pound the pavement. Although the draw may be larger because of the product most businesses pull their main amount of cliental from a five to ten miles radius. Sites like Groupon, living social, or other deal sites will get your brand out there even if the sale doesnt produce a large amount of sales, at least all those people on there email list saw your business. Social Networking sites like facebook and even free business directories like yelp will help. Word of mouth is the greatest marketing tool. Finding that fine line between too much info and not enough will all depend on your audience in terms of ads.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    Chamber of commerce is a great place to start. You can look at companies like gotprint.com and get a bunch of little flyers made up for cheap and pound the pavement. Although the draw may be larger because of the product most businesses pull their main amount of cliental from a five to ten miles radius. Sites like Groupon, living social, or other deal sites will get your brand out there even if the sale doesnt produce a large amount of sales, at least all those people on there email list saw your business. Social Networking sites like facebook and even free business directories like yelp will help. Word of mouth is the greatest marketing tool. Finding that fine line between too much info and not enough will all depend on your audience in terms of ads.
    Josh, if your marketing strategy is as good as your jiu jitsu, we'll tear it up together in Chicago this December. I hope they have some sort of tourney while I'm there.

Check out the book guerilla marketing.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I run a small vintage clothing store. Well placed flyers seem to have the greatest effect but I live in the middle of nowhere so I don't know if radio spots or tv ads generally work better in major cities.

Good luck with the gym Eric.

Array

School
    Soul Fighters Academy / Best Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Jake View Post
    Check out the book guerilla marketing.
    ^ This is good advice. If you aren't familiar with the 5 "P's", then you'll need to read this book.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Thanks for the info guys. It's much appreciated

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    good luck!!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Go talk to some people that have successful businesses. You'd be surprised by how happy they are to give you advice!