Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!

How great is Inside MMA!!!?

Ive just gotta say that I LOVE this show! I have fuckin comcast cable so I dont get HDNet and thus dont get Inside MMA at home, I have to go to my neighbor's house every friday evening to watch it! Can't wait until this show breaks through to ESPN or HBO or another mainstream network! Bas Rutten is absolutely hilarious and his MMA IQ is just off the charts high! I know Eddie has been on a few times and killed it as he always does.

Do all of you guys watch this show on a regular basis? I figure all MMA fans would if they know about it and have access to it.

They also make a lot of episodes available for free online but it's on something like a 2 week delay and we all know how much shit can change in the MMA world in 2 weeks. Gotta keep it current bitches! MMA 4 LYFE! W00T! haha

Array

School
    AVK Submission Grappling
    It's a good show and Bas is awesome but his logic when it comes to submissions is out there. I remember when he was talking about a head arm triangle and he kept saying its and arm choke easy to reverse just roll over and I was sitting there like wtf is he talking about there is no way that would have worked.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Bas has been in the game long before the standard BJJ terms took hold. So his semantics are sometimes a bit off. As for his escape he's right. When the guy on top jumps off to tighten the arm triangle there is a moment where the guy on bottom can roll over and get to his knees to escape.

Jump to 5:35 to see it.

Using Eddie's arm triangle variation (The Impaler) you actually shut down that escape.

Array

School
    AVK Submission Grappling
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Bas has been in the game long before the standard BJJ terms took hold. So his semantics are sometimes a bit off. As for his escape he's right. When the guy on top jumps off to tighten the arm triangle there is a moment where the guy on bottom can roll over and get to his knees to escape.

Jump to 5:35 to see it.

Using Eddie's arm triangle variation (The Impaler) you actually shut down that escape.
    Yeah but he was talking about this in regaurd to a fight where Sam Hoger Had his opponent mounted and did the head arm triangle and Bas said all his opponent had to do was roll over. This wasn't the case I was cageside at the fight and the choke was deep and your opponent wont just be able to roll over when mounted and the choke is in.

Array

School
    AVK Submission Grappling
    If the clip wasnt taken off youtube I would have posted it to show you the exact positioning. I don't think there are many if anyone on this forum no disrespect would reverse Hoger if he got that in Sam is a big guy 250 pounds and wide as hell.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Anything with Bas gets two thumbs up : )

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reichert View Post
    If the clip wasnt taken off youtube I would have posted it to show you the exact positioning. I don't think there are many if anyone on this forum no disrespect would reverse Hoger if he got that in Sam is a big guy 250 pounds and wide as hell.
    I'm sure you're right but any discussion of an escape exists within the context of an ideal condition existing for an escape. Escapes in general are not 100% and they tend to exploit common technical weaknesses within the submission technique. Bas commonly marginalizes the required effort for any given technique so I think you're taking his sentiment too literally. If you watch the video I posted, they actually demonstrate how the escape fails when the choke is properly set in.

I'm not saying that it's as easy as Bas said but I think your portrayal of his submission knowledge as being "out there" is a bit harsh.

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    Bas is one of the best personalities in MMA

Array

School
    Ronin
    Bas Rutten is always entertaining!!

Array

School
    AVK Submission Grappling
    Aj you're right, how I said that may have came off wrong I just meant it was out there in that particular situation. Bas Rutten is a legend and entertaining as hell with a ton of good insight. In no way did I mean for it to sound like disrespect towards him. I watched the video yesterday and I like how Rener and Ryron do the breakdowns so thoroughly with such detail its kewl.