Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    If you need to crank a heel hook to get the tap, you're not doing it right.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Your training partners not tapping boils down to a few things:

1) Stubbornness/Ego: you can't control how retarded your training partners are, they're responsible for their own actions. If their ego dictates their actions, they will get hurt or injured at some point or another regardless whether it by you or someone else.

2)Technical Ignorance: All you can do is make a solid attempt to educate your training partners, it's their choice what to do with that information. They can learn from it, or refer back to number 1.

3)Technical Error: If your cranking on a heel hook to get the finish, you’re don't something incorrect. You have to secure a solid position of control, the large majority of leg locks I see in high level competition (Failed attempts and successes) they are lacking in their positions of control. You see the "cranking" habit due to that lack of control and poor technical execution of those controls. It’s like any other submission with poor positioning; you apply more force to make up for lack of skill. Master the positions of control and your finishing options will increase, if one submission doesn’t work you’ll have plenty of time to transitions to others from the same position of control to find one that won’t injure you’re partner.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12