Array

School
    10th Planet Denver

Zuffa's insurance: claim denied, pay up now!

Hey guys.

As some of you may know, I needed surgery to repair the torn labrum in both of my hips, as well as an avulsion fracture, following my bout with Ryan Couture in Strikeforce this past March.

Unfortunately, Zuffa's Insurance company has denied the claim so I am being forced to pay out of pocket to cover the surgeries.

Luckily, the guys at Fund-A-Fighter have stepped up to help me be creating a campaign to help me raise the money.

All of my friends in the MMA community have really stepped up to offer some amazing prizes and incentives for those who contribute.

If you can't contribute, help me out by spreading the word, bumping this thread, and sharing this link for me on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Thanks guys

http://fundafighter.com/fighters/conor-heun/

Special thanks to all the guys who offered up a free month of training as an incentive to contribute. Good looking out. Also feel free to share this link everywhere that you can.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    ttt
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

K Madden

Not to pry, but why was the claim denied? Maybe we could help resolve that issue too?

Array

School
    10th Planet Denver
    The surgeon looked at the two torn labrum and on one side he said that I had a mild case of congenital hip dysplasia.

He said that if he just repaired the labrum, that I would be at risk of re-tearing it so he performed a PAO or Periacetabular Osteotomy.

This was to prevent the injury from happening again.

The insurance denied that claim based on this being a pre-existing condition not related to the fight.

The reality is that the injury (torn labrum) was related to the fight and the doctor just wanted to make sure that once it was healed, that it didn't happen again.

However due to stipulations in the Zuffa Insurance they are denying the claim because the PAO wasn't to repair an injury, but was to prevent re-injury after the initial repair.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    They're not even paying part? That sucks.

K Madden

Talk to Donna. Ops Manager. She talks directly with Dana if need be. When I was there, she was always there in a pinch like that. Like when...Eddie, you probably remember this... a guy got robbed at gunpoint in brazil right before fight. They asked no questions other than "you know, we are here for you no matter what, right?"
    I'm sure the story of a young fighter who's injury from a fight, is going to stop him from fighting again...that'll push um over. One note on the Rogan Podcast...BOOM. PAID IN FULL.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    If only..

10th Planet Birmingham want to help. I know Micks on it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    Ttt

Array

School
    10th Planet Denver
    Thanks for the help guys.