Thread: one vs. many

one vs. many

i dont't know if anybody has brought this up before or not. either way, i'm bringing it up now. in my muay thai gym, our teacher sometimes makes us spar with two or more persons at once. he said that the reason behind this is to make sure that we are ready to use our skills on the streets when the situation calls for it. which is totally cool with me. i agree with this type of training. dealing with the streets sometimes means going against more than one person.

my question for you guys is what do you think about rolling with two or more guys? is it practical? alvin aguilar, the first filipino bjj black belt rolls with two blue belts at the same time. he said that this is to hone his defense. but he does it with the gi. i'm guessing that doing this with no gi is a whole other animal. will it be practical for no gi training?

the only problem i would have is being choked out so easily
    i can see stand up because thats where most fights take place but on the ground submitting seems worthless because if your in a fight they are gonna be throwing punches so maybe if they shadow punched you while you are trying to submit em?

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    lol
    pull guard