Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    NOVA Ronin, Home aka BCG
    Great seminar! Loved that we worked on the lockdown. Can't wait for the next one!
    "That is not a drug. It’s a leaf," - Arnold MOTHA F'IN Schwarzenegger

Never having been to one of his seminars, I didn't know what to expect. I took everything at face value and believed that my 4 hr drive (one way) and hotel expenses would be worth it.

From someone who has a lot of experience doing training at a state academy, especially training adult learners, I liked the style of training the technique backwards very much. I liked the breakdown of the drills, a chunk at time (chunking is a very valid teaching practice for all motor skills). I thought a lot of the talking points were valid, although he did get a little off topic at times (I didn't know if the MTS videos were indicative of all classes or just something done for the internet). I would have liked to have drilled the techniques a little more, but I can do that at the local gym. I appreciate the fact that he will be posting this new technique on a MTS on this site soon, this way I have a refresher. All in all, money well spent. I thought his sticking around unil the last minute and letting just about everyone and his brother get a picture with him was very nice and definetly not required. It would have been nice if he had a couple of helpers to check students techniqes.

I would also like to thank a couple of the 10p practitioners that were at the seminar for showing me a couple of things after the seminar. I don't have anyone to roll with that knows these techniques, and am learning everything from the internet. I'd also like to thank the guy I was drilling with, because I apparently had the lockdown and mini stomp all screwedup. (new to 10p system)

On a side note, is it possible for the tech gurus on this site to have an enhanced or closeup view of some of the techniques while the video is rolling? Kind of like a picture in picture. THis will sound weird, but when I try to mentally map a technique as I am watching it, I have a hard time seeing the exact hand/foot/ankle placement and have to stop the video and go back. A little window in window would be cool. Just like at the gym when you move around to make sure you can see the whole move being demonstrated from another perspective/better angle. Maybe it is just me.

Too long winded?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234