Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Array

School
    ABMMA Belchers
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Campagnola View Post
    Lots of coffee!

I work 6am to 3pm, hang out with family, train 7 to 9, shower, sleep, repeat.
    Almost the exact same for me. 6-230, family, train from 6-8, etc.. Just minus the coffee. Not a big coffee person. It's either a ultra red monster or a b12 chew

It is interesting that nobody ranked higher than purple belt has weighed in on this

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Its the same story for everyone above purple. Just stay dedicated and enjoy the journey. The more you try to force it the more frustrating it may become. Be patient and keep working hard at your job, with your family, and in your Jiu Jitsu. Only good things can come from hard work. Its cliche, but if it was easy everyone would do it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeyle View Post
    Its the same story for everyone above purple. Just stay dedicated and enjoy the journey. The more you try to force it the more frustrating it may become. Be patient and keep working hard at your job, with your family, and in your Jiu Jitsu. Only good things can come from hard work. Its cliche, but if it was easy everyone would do it.
    Powerful Steeyle! Just had a kid and still getting the job done.
    Head Instructor - 10th Planet Springfield MA
    LIKE 10th Planet Springfield MA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/10pSpringfieldMA
    Follow us on Instagram: @10pSpringfieldMA
    www.10thplanetspringfieldma.com

I teach martial arts while trying to add jiu jitsu to my game, and without a bjj club anywhere near me, myself and other instructers train using 10pjj site and dvds, and any other bjj materail we can get our hands on. we also roll a lot, but thats always been part our game. between classes,we train.

It's incredibly difficult to make money through any sport-based activity--especially Jiu Jitsu.

Since I'm an old man (56 years old) I can give you solid advice on the WORK side. Yes I train seriously, I compete three to four times a year in the geriatric Masters divisions, and I actually make money through Jiu Jitsu.

But the way I make money through Jiu Jitsu is not in Jiu Jitsu itself, it through the philosophy itself:

1) commit to your business 100%
    2) set goals and share them publicly for accountability
    3) consistently work to achieve those goals
    4) stay away from bad habits (this would be anything that interferes with (1-3) above

#4 is the hardest thing in the world to do. An entire society (and Industry) is here to distract you.

Good luck.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456