Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Mariusz Pudzianowski, Strongman to MMA conversion. Respect?

4 yrs ago one of the greatest "worlds strongest men" competitors, Mariusz Pudzianowski, decided to try out MMA. He started out as any would expect, a sideshow act like Kimbo Slice or Butterbean. But he has clearly made a markable improvement in his striking and cardio, and has dropped from 300 lbs to a 265 to 275 on fight night. He is 5-2-1NC with losses to Tim Sylvia in a clown fight (his 3rd fight) and James Thompson.
    At 35 yrs of age, I'm not saying he's ever gonna make any waves in MMA, but I kinda respect his going out and training SERIOUSLY in the sport of MMA. Maybe he's got a successful Career as Poland's biggest draw? KSW does good work there as far as I have seen. What you guys think?

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    I actually know the guy hes beating on here its a local Michigan pro fighter and promoter Christos Pillifas. He trains under James Lee if anyone remembers him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    and btw the guy there that just fought him is a brown belt in bjj and a official sambo instructor....

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Pilafas is not exactly a elite HW, but Pudzian pulled this fight off nicely. If he keeps his cardio up he may (may) earn a shot at a ufc fight or 2 in his career. Especially when Dana decides (and you KNOW he will eventually) to expand his Europe domain.

Array

School
    none
    pilafas = fail

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjourney View Post
    pilafas = fail
    How did that spinning back-fist NOT land!?! It was as beautiful and perfect as Chael's against Silva!