Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    From newer guys I have. If I get any acknowledgement from the usual guys, it's usually just a grunt from me tightening it.

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    i tapped a couple of overweight guys that flopped down on me so i went half guard into lockdown and stretched it out and they tapped . in my beginning days of 10th planet last year i tapped to the lockdown

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    some guy at HQ tapped out someone with it "Amir" hes this huge wrestler dude hes super flexible for his size!

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Over the years studying the 10th Planet system, the half guard game has been the most valuable to me. As such, I feel very comfortable when I have someone in it. In my experience seeing literally hundreds of people use it, the lockdown can and will get the tap on some people. I have seen the lockdown also cause knee damage on about 6 people over the years.

The pressure from the lockdow can be too much for noobs or guys who are not use to that sort of half guard. Then, there are guys with incredible crushing power from the lockdown than just want to make you tap. Some guys have shins like blades that cut into the calf muscle.

I would say it is rare to get a tap from the lockdown but NOT impossible. It is even more rare (but not impossible again) to actually damage the knee joint from doing the lockdown.
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    Southern New England MMA

Big Leg Lockdown

Having large legs makes my lockdown rather tight and I have tapped newer guys in the past. I thought of tapping once from a guy's lockdown because the size of my legs vs. his fit just right making it incredibly tight. Maybe I'll test this out a bit on new guys and see how many tap.

I don't understand why people stay in the same position if it's hurting and just eventually tap. Like if they wait, it'll get better.

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    when people don't get how it works, they seem to sometimes turn their leg the wrong way in the lockdown, increasing pressure. I have gotten basically a calf-crush out of it in those cases.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    i put it on light and never tried to use it as a submission because that way they don't do anything about it.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    I think a lot of it depends the length and your legs vs the length of your opponents. Everybody is going to be different, therefore the pressure will be much more intense in some circumstances as opposed to others.
    When I first starting messing with the lockdown I used it on a 260 lb purple belt. He had never felt it before and I popped his knee out. I felt real bad, but he got his revenge a few months later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12