Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Bruce, I'm very happy you didn't get run off. You are raising your daughter beautifully, don't listen to anyone giving you pointers on family, you're doing an outstanding job. If people want to bring their kids to you for jiu jitsu instruction who are we to say you can't show them what you know? My advice to you would be to recommend they join any Bjj school and have them subscribe to MTS and breakdown what you know of 10th Planet philosophy. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Please continue to post Cora's competition videos, I am her biggest fan :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Bruce, I'm very happy you didn't get run off. You are raising your daughter beautifully, don't listen to anyone giving you pointers on family, you're doing an outstanding job. If people want to bring their kids to you for jiu jitsu instruction who are we to say you can't show them what you know? My advice to you would be to recommend they join any Bjj school and have them subscribe to MTS and breakdown what you know of 10th Planet philosophy. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Very well said, I agree.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    To ALL the guys that think I should train. I want to thank you for all your encouragement. I really do. I just want you to know that I have gone and thought through this already. Believe me, for a competitive person such as myself plus my love for the sport on top of my love of the 10thplanet system, if I think there would be any chance of me training, I would do it in a heart beat. I know you all mean well and it warms my heart to know that you all care. It really does, but as of right now, I'm just focusing on my daughter. She has a better future than I do in this sports. Besides I do have my own sport already, battling men 6'4" 200 lbs plus in the paint gives me great joy as you getting someone in the rubber guard. Or crossing a 20 yr old kid over, making him look like he is 50 yrs old, I get a rush. I do thank you all so much, and although it seems like i'm ignoring your advice, I am not and always appreciate your advice.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post

Thank you Master Eddie for your advice. Like I have shared with a couple on this forum, I know that I don't know much. But from what I know, it will be opening doors to this world of Jits for the kids. Also I know one day Cora will out grow my knowledge, that is why I am trying to surround myself with people who are real professionals. I have made many contacts during our travels to tournaments and even top competitors in hope that one day when Cora out grow my instruction that I will have those guys for her to turn to. Case in point is you and all the 10thplanet guys. As for raising Cora, I am doing what I think is right. There isn't any book on how to raise a kid, and if there is one, its probably written by those who don't even have kids. To be honest, they did almost ran me off, but thanks to a few good friends on here, they reached out to me and I thank them for that. Also you have become like family to us and I want to thank you for taking Cora under your wing. We will continue to rep your system with the highest of integrity. And if I didn't mention before I have been referring my friends or whom ever contact me about JJ to find a closest gym to them and if they can't find one, I can give them referrals as I have met many great coaches. With Cora's name out online, I do get people asking me all the time. And for those who are new to JJ, they always ask me what are all those crazy moves Cora doing to the boys?? I refer them here. I'm just a sharing fool.. There are a few parents that go to our gym that come on and learn from the MTS as well after they see how much Cora has improved since I injected 10thplanet system into her game. As far as videos go, I have taken down almost all the old ones and will post new ones up as we have many tourney coming up this fall and winter. You will see the vast improvement in her game. I think you will be proud of her when you see what we have been working on. Thank you again for all your kind words and encouragement.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    A shoulder sprain??? Dude did you even seen that X-ray??!!??!
    Yeah, I can tell that Bruce's situation is def worse than mine so I do feel for his hesitancy to hit the mat (I still stand behind the believe if he were paired with the right partners in class to respect the injury he would be ok, but again he knows his body best and I'm not the one to tell him what to do or how he should feel). I was trying to relate to him from a certain degree, so hopefully that came across a little.

Any time Bruce is in Ny he has a place to train for free.
    Nice Coach, and I hope Bruce and Cora do visit you at some point

There isn't any book on how to raise a kid, and if there is one, its probably written by those who

don't even have kids.
    Kurt Warner has a decent book out there where he and his wife give their perspective on kids and family, I don't agree with everything he presents but the majority is pretty solid. I know Mac Bledsoe (Drew Bledsoe's Dad) used to answer parent's phone calls and emails too on parenting tips. At the end of the day everyone's life journey is different, what works for me (when my folks raised me) might not be the best for the next person and so on.....and yes I am one of those guys without kids but sharing what I know from my experience being raised and from my close friends and family what they've gone through. At some point Cora will need to become her own person (esp when she gets to high school and college) so Bruce keep doing what you're doing to lay the foundation then the rest is up to her.

I feel the love of 10th planet!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    bruce, good to read youre back, family might fight one another but you cant kick them out.

im saying this as a friend, if i was anywhere near wher you are i would come visit and KICK YOUR ARSE ONTO THE MAT UNTIL YOU ROLL! whose that mma fella the one with the missing forearm? the one tht is kicking arse in mma? his jits is just different because he worked around it. it reminds me of the movie 300, the dude loses his eye and all he says is "the gods felt fit to bless me with a spare." you've got two arms, youve got passion for the sport and no need to compete. if it hurts when lying on it then work on your other side. but by doing nothing you're not living at all. (jiu jitsu wise)

and sorry about the upcoming low blow but what do you think bruce lee would do if he had your shoulder? he stuffed up his backand he turned that into more training, if you can believe the stories, you focused on moving only his big toe while lying in bed without moving anything else. stop thinking of training as rolling with massive 300 pound slabs of muscled super saiyans and realise that its called the gentle way for a reason. jiu jitsu has so many facets that it is possible to work for everyone. and as others hav said, if you dont want do somthign tap. make sure you train with the right people.

stop being inflexible and flow like water be water my friend.

im saying this with the best intentions, and with the last idea that by you training you are giving the children you want to help a better chance at sticking with jiu jitsu with every rep you put in yourself. if you are really working for the kids then help them in any way you can. (training jiu jitsu being the best way)

sorry if you're offended and think that sounds like im guilt tripping you, i am guilt tripping you and you should start doing jits.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Great post Issac. As for me, and my opinion on Bruce's training excuses, I am out of words.

...but you know what they say about pictures....

The SB03 Shoulder Brace by EVS.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Bruce prolly 90% of the folks on here have injuries and train around them. I'm a prime example as well as Coach Herzog. For the sake of Cora's development it would greatly help her if you trained as well. It is possible to train around injuries, granted not easy but possible

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Bruce prolly 90% of the folks on here have injuries and train around them. I'm a prime example as well as Coach Herzog. For the sake of Cora's development it would greatly help her if you trained as well. It is possible to train around injuries, granted not easy but possible
    not to mention, think of all the times you can sit around after a good training, mug of high percentage protein shake in your hand and chat about the mysterious "tap that got away" that my friends is bonding shit together stronger than diamonds

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Great post Issac. As for me, and my opinion on Bruce's training excuses, I am out of words.

...but you know what they say about pictures....

The SB03 Shoulder Brace by EVS.
    cheers brother, not only does the shoulder brace help a mega tonne, it also looks god damn sexy, mix of assassins creed with a space ninja from tekken your chokes would bring all the boys to the yard. cos your chokes are better than theirs, you can tap them and you wont charge. tenth planet ninjas tapping fools at large. (btw i copyright this lyrics and any following songs)

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbChao View Post
    Yeah, I can tell that Bruce's situation is def worse than mine so I do feel for his hesitancy to hit the mat (I still stand behind the believe if he were paired with the right partners in class to respect the injury he would be ok, but again he knows his body best and I'm not the one to tell him what to do or how he should feel). I was trying to relate to him from a certain degree, so hopefully that came across a little.

Nice Coach, and I hope Bruce and Cora do visit you at some point

Kurt Warner has a decent book out there where he and his wife give their perspective on kids and family, I don't agree with everything he presents but the majority is pretty solid. I know Mac Bledsoe (Drew Bledsoe's Dad) used to answer parent's phone calls and emails too on parenting tips. At the end of the day everyone's life journey is different, what works for me (when my folks raised me) might not be the best for the next person and so on.....and yes I am one of those guys without kids but sharing what I know from my experience being raised and from my close friends and family what they've gone through. At some point Cora will need to become her own person (esp when she gets to high school and college) so Bruce keep doing what you're doing to lay the foundation then the rest is up to her.

I feel the love of 10th planet!!!!
    LOL It was a joke brotha, it was a bad sketch not and xray
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast