Thread: Forward roll

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys

Forward roll

We have this forward roll warm up drill where you roll forward, over your shoulder 2-3 times in a row. Everytime I roll, I get a bit dizzy and if I do 3 in a row, I can't even stand still... Does this happen to anyone else? Does it disappear over time?
    Ps: I also get motion sickness at a very high level.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    You're completely normal... maybe add in a backward roll or something.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Yeah the same sheet happens to me. I asked our instructor what the rolls were for and he said so you don't get dizzy during a scramble, but I've never gotten dizzy grappling so I don't know if I'm feeling the rolls.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Roofliss View Post
    Yeah the same sheet happens to me. I asked our instructor what the rolls were for and he said so you don't get dizzy during a scramble, but I've never gotten dizzy grappling so I don't know if I'm feeling the rolls.

Lol yeah, I never get dizzy during sparring if I am rolling forward/ backward in and out of armbars etc. but if i drill it purposely.... man things start to spin very quickly

lol I do this for fun. I'll do 10 rolls in a small area. Almost smacked my head into a brick wall a few times from being so dizzy by the last rolls. However, if you're not being stupid like me, the secret is to roll, reset, then roll again. Give yourself that extra second. Don't just keep rolling non stop.