Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys

How does your school teach?

I was thinking about the way different BJJ gyms can go about their teaching methods.

For example, the teaching method at my gym is very organized and methodical. We train 1 set of techniques per month, all centered around one aspect of a certain position. For example, we'll have a month for the electric chair, where we'll go over whipping to both sides, the electric chair submission, the sweep, and stoner control. Another month may be spent also around the lockdown, but around 3 dogfight sweeps, etc etc.

We typically warm up for the first 15 minutes, Go over technique for a total of 15 minutes, drill said techniques for 30-45, and free train for 30-15.

We also do testing on the last Thursday night and Wednesday morning of every month, for both fundamental and advanced classes. You need 8 days of class minimum for advanced to test, and 6 for fundies. If you don't test, you don't get promoted.

So how does your school teach? Do you have a competition/pro team that has a different system? What do you like about the way your school does things?

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    I was thinking about the way different BJJ gyms can go about their teaching methods.

For example, the teaching method at my gym is very organized and methodical. We train 1 set of techniques per month, all centered around one aspect of a certain position. For example, we'll have a month for the electric chair, where we'll go over whipping to both sides, the electric chair submission, the sweep, and stoner control. Another month may be spent also around the lockdown, but around 3 dogfight sweeps, etc etc.

We typically warm up for the first 15 minutes, Go over technique for a total of 15 minutes, drill said techniques for 30-45, and free train for 30-15.

We also do testing on the last Thursday night and Wednesday morning of every month, for both fundamental and advanced classes. You need 8 days of class minimum for advanced to test, and 6 for fundies. If you don't test, you don't get promoted.

So how does your school teach? Do you have a competition/pro team that has a different system? What do you like about the way your school does things?
    You have a pretty good idea of ​​the teaching methods at school, I fully support this. I also have some ideas for improving the education system. I would like to share them with you. The main thing is that I would like to change this opportunity for students to freely attend and choose subjects, I know that in many schools, colleges and universities this is practiced, but not at all, for this I would be glad to receive changes. I am a writing expert whose job it is to help people improve their academic success. I got a doctorate and am passionate about writing argumentative essays at Paperial and extend a helping hand to scientists and students with my knowledge in this field. As a teacher, I know all the features of writing these words, and this experience allows me to help students of all ages with their assignments. Therefore, if you have problems, then write to me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    You have a pretty good idea of ​​the teaching methods at school, I fully support this. I also have some ideas for improving the education system. I would like to share them with you. The main thing is that I would like to change this opportunity for students to freely attend and choose subjects, I know that in many schools, colleges and universities this is practiced, but not at all, for this I would be glad to receive changes. I am a writing expert whose job it is to help people improve their academic success. I got a doctorate and am passionate about writing argumentative essays at Paperial and extend a helping hand to scientists and students with my knowledge in this field. As a teacher, I know all the features of writing these words, and this experience allows me to help students of all ages with their assignments. Therefore, if you have problems, then write to me.