Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Shit happens, just for a laugh here's a match I lost by toehold, in a comp where toeholds were illegal and at least one grappler was dq'd for using a toehold prior to my match

The point is a lot of the officials at these events have no fucking clue what they are doing. But without them we wouldnt be able to compete (nor would we get served past 10pm at the drivethru) so god love em.

Array

School
    Big Girls Gym
    looks to me that the ref made a mistake because he was not focused on the match he was reffing. watch his body language.

Array

School
    clockworkbjj nyc/10th planet.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    Shit happens, just for a laugh here's a match I lost by toehold, in a comp where toeholds were illegal and at least one grappler was dq'd for using a toehold prior to my match

The point is a lot of the officials at these events have no fucking clue what they are doing. But without them we wouldnt be able to compete (nor would we get served past 10pm at the drivethru) so god love em.
    i agree half of the time refs put themselfs in dumb angles so that they can see the work that is being done and or they have no clue if any holds are banned for that match btw that was sick dude that guy looked to be alot bigger then you and you still took it to him like a madman

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
    He's lucky your a nice guy. One more tick and that thing was popping!!

Array

School
    NextGen MMA/Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nunja View Post
    So I just got done competing in the Jiu Jitsu by the Bay competition. I was doing good and was in the Advanced Open semi finals. I caught the guy in a inverted arm bar, he tapped the crowd cheered and then I let go and stood up. The ref then says to me " I didn't tell you to stop, keep fighting". I look at him and was like " ummm what? he just tapped". The other guy realized he could keep fighting if he lied and he says " I was going to tap".The ref instructed me to keep fighting so I had to go and keep fighting I sat back from being in the guys open guard to attack the legs he took that momentum and got 2 points for a sweep and then he stalled and laid on top on me. I tried showing the ref video, a bunch of other people from other schools told the ref and event coordinator that the other guy tapped. Nothing.... So I lost my cool a little with the ref after him being a ignorant steroid freak telling me how hes been doing Jiu Jitsu before I was born blah blah blah, and that was the end of the story... WTF!!!!!!!!

Its spilt milk now, Im just venting off some steam.
    Something similar happened to me, the ref said I had heel hooked the girl...dude I was belly down and didn't even have her heel. I literally caused a scene. threw things, and acted like an asshole. The ref tried to pay me off by giving me $20...lol. I crumbled it up and told him I came here to fight not to be paid off and threw it at him. My only saving grace was that VJ knew the head ref and he got me a rematch. And then I won and celebrated. Yes, I'm an asshole. But, don't DQ me for some shit I didnt do. Here's the video. http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...HsIrXk2TlI</a> I'm sorry that you didnt get your win...its not fair. Next time, just don't let go until the ref stops the fight...or say..."he's tapping ref!" That's just my little blue belt advice. I'm sure you've heard it from others as well. Keep on keepin on brother.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    What happens if you get a sub, then while doing it, you yell, "REFF!!!!!! REEEEEFFF!!!" So he can watch to see if you get the tap?...Its dumb I know, but just a thought.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234