Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

Funny story to tell yall

So we were at the tournament in DAllas this past weekend. During the rules meeting, I couldn't hear much as there were a lot of people. So at the end of the rules meeting, I chase down the ref that was doing the rules. I asked him if it was legal for kids to do North South chokes? I ask this because Cora has been doing them at practice. What shock me was this. He said, "Don't worry about it, she won't NS choke anybody, she will Rubber Guard them. Then he walk off." LOL Both my wife and I were shocked. He knew who Cora is.

The next day Cora is registered to go to Girls in Gis. I dropped her off and came back home. But when I go to pick her up, that same Ref was there also. All this time I thought he was from the Dallas area. Well I found out that that gym is his gym. He pulled me aside and talk to me. He said I should teach Cora the "MeatHook". He said that if Cora know the meat hook, that will stop kids from passing her guard. Again...I'm totally shocked!! Then a boy walk through the door and I recognize him right away. It was a boy whom Cora had rubber guard about 3 times already. Found out that was his son. LOL Now by this time I'm feeling bad already. THen he proceed to tell me that he has a 20 yr old daughter who does rubber guard also. So now I'm freaking out and at the same time wondering why he didn't teach his son the rubber guard???

Thoughout this journey, we have met really great people. People who wants to help Cora improve her game. I love this sport!!! Can I get an AMEN????

Array

School
    GB Freestyle Judo Club, Holly BJJ
    Amen. 10p is everywhere. Even the guys who don't like it/don't agree with it know it in some form. 10p will rule the world.

Array

School
    Yes 10th is everywhere..whether they do it or not.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    seems like a dick reply from the guy initially. thats what sticks out to me.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    seems like a dick reply from the guy initially. thats what sticks out to me.
    Mighta been a lil salty about his boy getting tapped. Or might just have a dry wit with good timing. In the end it seemed like he was being helpful though.

Array

School
    Actually he is a very cool guy. I don't know how range is his knowledge of the rubber guard or the 10thplanet, will have to sit down with him again one day. He is arranging a cross training of the kids around the area so they can roll without the added pressure of a tournament. ANd its free. Each month different school host the event. I'm actually excited about this. Because there are many good kids out there that doesn't go to tournament to compete. Any free extra mat time is always good for Cora.

Hell yeah, it's all grappling to me. My game is whatever works best. Always refreshing to see open minded people out there.